DUNU Q-Lock PLUS Quick-Switch Modular Plug Cables - Discussion Thread
Oct 13, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #391 of 404
Dunu site?
As far as I know now, no, there will not be. I will double check for you to make absolutely sure though, and get back to you.

Please reach out us in our contact form on the site!
I have placed an order from Aliexpress "Dunu Official Store". Is it an authentic store?
Another question, from this thread, I thought that Dunu Blanche jacks are palladium-plated but the store on Aliexpress said that they are chrome-plated. So is it right or the spare plugs are exactly chrome-plated?

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #392 of 404
@Sebastien Chiu is the Hulk Pro currently considered Dunu's top of the line cable? I'm wondering how it compares to the Viridian. The Viridian seems to be pure silver, whereas the Hulk Pro is silver plated copper, correct? But the Hulk Pro is a heavier gauge. I'm wondering between the two options which you might recommend to pair with planar IEMs if I could only choose one?

Nov 14, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #393 of 404
@Sebastien Chiu is the Hulk Pro currently considered Dunu's top of the line cable? I'm wondering how it compares to the Viridian. The Viridian seems to be pure silver, whereas the Hulk Pro is silver plated copper, correct? But the Hulk Pro is a heavier gauge. I'm wondering between the two options which you might recommend to pair with planar IEMs if I could only choose one?

You are correct on the material types.

Responded to your PM.

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #394 of 404
You are correct on the material types.

Responded to your PM.
@Sebastien Chiu This is probably an obvious question, and apologies if I sound super ignorant (cable upgrades are brand new territory for me) but is there some reason the Hulk Pro is considered the flagship despite being copper as opposed to, say, the Blanche? I was under the impression silver was considered the more expensive material.

Also, on a semi-related note, does Dunu have any plans to release a blue cable? I have a pair of Noble K10s that would look great with one if you offered it.

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #395 of 404
@Sebastien Chiu This is probably an obvious question, and apologies if I sound super ignorant (cable upgrades are brand new territory for me) but is there some reason the Hulk Pro is considered the flagship despite being copper as opposed to, say, the Blanche? I was under the impression silver was considered the more expensive material.

Also, on a semi-related note, does Dunu have any plans to release a blue cable? I have a pair of Noble K10s that would look great with one if you offered it.

There are a lot of things that go into how expensive a cable is, including the braiding time that we put into it and quality of the material used ranging from strength to purity. It's not as a clean cut as silver = more expensive.

That is generally the case but not for more stuff. And no worries, you can never ask a dumb question here.

As for a blue cable, no, but that's a great idea! I want one too for for my Odin!

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #396 of 404
There are a lot of things that go into how expensive a cable is, including the braiding time that we put into it and quality of the material used ranging from strength to purity. It's not as a clean cut as silver = more expensive.

That is generally the case but not for more stuff. And no worries, you can never ask a dumb question here.

As for a blue cable, no, but that's a great idea! I want one too for for my Odin!
Well, if a custom order for a blue cable is possible, please let me know? I'm literally about to pull the trigger on my second Dunu cable. I already own the DUW-02S, build quality is great but I want something more upgraded sonically and with a little more visual flair. So far the Viridian and Amber are probably your most visually attractive offerings.
Sonically, is the Hulk Pro considered to be better sounding than, say, the Blanche or the Viridian? And is there some reason the Blanche was discontinued?

Nov 16, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #397 of 404
Well, if a custom order for a blue cable is possible, please let me know? I'm literally about to pull the trigger on my second Dunu cable. I already own the DUW-02S, build quality is great but I want something more upgraded sonically and with a little more visual flair. So far the Viridian and Amber are probably your most visually attractive offerings.
Sonically, is the Hulk Pro considered to be better sounding than, say, the Blanche or the Viridian? And is there some reason the Blanche was discontinued?

We don’t do custom orders unfortunately.

I generally consider sonic of a cable to be more about personal preference and pairing rather than one better than another. It’s really up to you to decide.

The Blanche I believe was discontinued because of parts that we can’t find anymore.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #398 of 404
So i have a strange problem with the 4.4mm Jack on my Dunu Amber cable and IFI Micro Idsd Signature.
the left IEM only works when the 4.4mm Jack is at a certain rotation in the 4.4mm socket on my Micro IDSD Signature amp. 10 - 2 on the clock are the only areas where both iems produce sound. I dont have this issue with any other cables in the IDSD Signature including Dunu Blanche, Viridian, DUW-02S. The amber cable does not have this issue on other amps, only the IFI IDSD Signature.
Quite weird. I checked the Amber 4.4 jack for roundness with vernier calipers and it doesn't seem oval shape or anything so im not sure what the issue is. I plan to open a ticket with Dunu later tonight as I have it here at work and don't have access to the product box for the serial number, hopefully they can send me a new 4.4mm jack to try.

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #399 of 404
So i have a strange problem with the 4.4mm Jack on my Dunu Amber cable and IFI Micro Idsd Signature.
the left IEM only works when the 4.4mm Jack is at a certain rotation in the 4.4mm socket on my Micro IDSD Signature amp. 10 - 2 on the clock are the only areas where both iems produce sound. I dont have this issue with any other cables in the IDSD Signature including Dunu Blanche, Viridian, DUW-02S. The amber cable does not have this issue on other amps, only the IFI IDSD Signature.
Quite weird. I checked the Amber 4.4 jack for roundness with vernier calipers and it doesn't seem oval shape or anything so im not sure what the issue is. I plan to open a ticket with Dunu later tonight as I have it here at work and don't have access to the product box for the serial number, hopefully they can send me a new 4.4mm jack to try.

Pull the plug slightly and it should start working. You might need to put a small spacer in between the jack and cable. Keep in mind, if you move at all, it will cut out again without a spacer.

Unfortunately, we’re not really sure what causes this. We’ve had similar strange reports with other iFi products and have never been able to get down to if it’s our issue or their’s.

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #400 of 404
Pull the plug slightly and it should start working. You might need to put a small spacer in between the jack and cable. Keep in mind, if you move at all, it will cut out again without a spacer.

Unfortunately, we’re not really sure what causes this. We’ve had similar strange reports with other iFi products and have never been able to get down to if it’s our issue or their’s.
Thanks, that worked, but still occurs if i rotate it again like you said. what a weird issue. I take it a replacement 4.4mm jack would have the same issue?

Feb 2, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #401 of 404
Thanks, that worked, but still occurs if i rotate it again like you said. what a weird issue. I take it a replacement 4.4mm jack would have the same issue?

Yes, likely, It's never been confirmed, but we assume it's because iFi doesn't have a set length for how deep they set their insertions for their 4.4mm jacks. Some people have this issue with the Q Lock Plus connectors, too, others don't and only have it with Lite, like you.

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #402 of 404
Thicc cable for some thicc IEMs. I smile every time I see them, lol.

hulklol.jpg

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #403 of 404
Thicc cable for some thicc IEMs. I smile every time I see them, lol.

hulklol.jpg

Never enough Cs to define the thickness!

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #404 of 404
I own the DUW-02, Chord and Blanche. I just wanted to try pure silver at a reasonnable price with my EE Legend X and I ended up liking the Blanche over the other 2. First for the build quality, it is much nicer and premium than the other 2 and then the sound. I cant define precisely with words what it did but it felt as if there a little more of everything going on when I A/B against the Chord. The difference was quite obvious but it’s not added clarity or I am not picking up stuff that I did not before or whatever other clichés. It just gives me more of the LX personality if that make any sense.
How is the Chord with the U12t? Contemplating getting a Chord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back