DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Aug 28, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #632 of 878
ODIN is a more balanced listen than Legend X. ODIN goes for clarity, transparency and details. It is also.important to realize that ODIN also has two W9+ drivers, so it can rumble. It is not a colored signature and will demonstrate all of the frequencies in your music. Legend X also has W9 bass drivers, but it always has a bass focus. The mids are more recessed in X bit the treble sparkles and is super smooth.

I just completed a long review of ODIN, feel free to check it out. Empire Ears https://audiorabbithole.com/empire-ears-odin-a-review/

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #633 of 878
can you elaborate? I've ordered the Empire Legend X, but I can switch if I want. Why Odin over Legend for a complement to LUNA?

Actually, both models would be a nice compliment to the Luna which I also have. Your comment about the Luna not quite cutting it for rock/electronic drew from me an impulsive reply about the Odin because it does a fabulous job with these genres, in my view. Of course, I’m in the honeymoon phase with the Odin, so I’m biased, but I imagine after the sheen has fallen off my new purchase, I‘ll still feel the Odin is a paradigm switch in what a masterfully designed IEM can accomplish. I’m totally smitten. 😁

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #634 of 878
Actually, both models would be a nice compliment to the Luna which I also have. Your comment about the Luna not quite cutting it for rock/electronic drew from me an impulsive reply about the Odin because it does a fabulous job with these genres, in my view. Of course, I’m in the honeymoon phase with the Odin, so I’m biased, but I imagine after the sheen has fallen off my new purchase, I‘ll still feel the Odin is a paradigm switch in what a masterfully designed IEM can accomplish. I’m totally smitten. 😁

I’ve taken a chance and switched to the Odin. Here we go!

Aug 28, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #635 of 878
I’ve taken a chance and switched to the Odin. Here we go!

A wise decision since the LX is getting an upgrade to MKII status soon ...

Corrected, my error.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #637 of 878
Where have you heard this to?

It was reported in the Empire thread, there are a few models that are going to MkII status including the LX and Valkerie. It was supposed to happen sometime soon, but the response to the Odin and Hero has been beyond expectations, so EE is delaying the upgrades to focus on production of the new models.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #638 of 878
It was reported in the Empire thread, there are a few models that are going to MkII status including the LX and Valkerie. It was supposed to happen sometime soon, but the response to the Odin and Hero has been beyond expectations, so EE is delaying the upgrades to focus on production of the new models.

The owner Jack has said that there are no plans to update the Legend X. So far it is just the Bravado, ESR, EVR and Valkyrie.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #639 of 878
The owner Jack has said that there are no plans to update the Legend X. So far it is just the Bravado, ESR, EVR and Valkyrie.

My apologies, I thought I read the LX was part of the MkII push ... must have been all the chatter about the upgrades and I got mixed up.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #640 of 878
Back to the Luna ...

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #641 of 878
My apologies, I thought I read the LX was part of the MkII push ... must have been all the chatter about the upgrades and I got mixed up.

Now imagine getting anywhere between 30-60% off of MSRP, as a manufacturer, and having to stock and pay for 400-500 cables upfront. Fun times but totally normal! lol

Valkyrie MKII Updates:
  1. Revised synX crossover network
  2. Updated electrostatic driver & transformer
  3. Updated W9+ driver
  4. Updated housing. The Valkyrie MKII shares the same housing as Odin in order to accommodate a revised driver positioning schematic.
The Valkyrie MKII has more bass impact and depth while the treble gets tamed for less harshness and more overall extension.

Not at this time.

No problem! Just thought you had heard something that I hadn’t so wanted to double check :beyersmile: .... although they have no current plans to, I can definitely see them doing it sometime in the future... probably with some estats and updated W9+’s

Sep 2, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #642 of 878
Out of your curiosity is anyone else often switching between spinfit cp360 and the Azla Sedna Earfit Light Short tips? I feel like when the spinfit cp360 end up sealing in that perfect position, the sound is without doubt the best I’ve heard from the Luna I think. It’s just that getting that seal is sometimes unreliable for me (may have to experiment more as to why this is...) whereas the azla Sedna always seal perfectly it seems :) (both in size small)

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #643 of 878
Out of your curiosity is anyone else often switching between spinfit cp360 and the Azla Sedna Earfit Light Short tips? I feel like when the spinfit cp360 end up sealing in that perfect position, the sound is without doubt the best I’ve heard from the Luna I think. It’s just that getting that seal is sometimes unreliable for me (may have to experiment more as to why this is...) whereas the azla Sedna always seal perfectly it seems :) (both in size small)
I preferred the Sedna Light Shorts over the spinfits. I actually liked them the best. I use size ML on the light shorts. We are all different especially with ear tips. You might want to try the Sedna Xelastec as that will give you a great seal. Most folks using them have needed one size smaller than usual. Amazon does carry them. Good luck

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #644 of 878
I preferred the Sedna Light Shorts over the spinfits. I actually liked them the best. I use size ML on the light shorts. We are all different especially with ear tips. You might want to try the Sedna Xelastec as that will give you a great seal. Most folks using them have needed one size smaller than usual. Amazon does carry them. Good luck

I just ordered a pair of xelastecs in MS to try with my Luna. I normally wear ML tips, at least with final and JVC versions, so when I bought my first pair of xelastecs, I took everyone’s advice and ordered one size down, medium. But this size is a bit big with some of my IEMs, including the Luna. So far, the JVC tips with its wide bore has worked the best, but I’m a curious sort, so we’ll see how the MS works with the Luna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back