DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Aug 26, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #618 of 878
The smallest (non barrel) and the biggest high end IEM I know! What a combination you have there 🤔

Yeah, the Z1R has that addictive, engaging, BASSY sound, but I'm on the lookout on a replacement due to comfort issues. I can't seem to find an IEM that has great fit, but Z1R like sound.

The DUNU Luna is phenomenal for my jazz/classical. But it doesn't quite cut it for rock/electronic.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #619 of 878
Unless you EQ it. What is your main source ?

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #621 of 878
Did you experiment with Equalizer/Tone Control options ? Luna responds extremely well to EQ, if one knows how to set it up.

Aug 26, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #623 of 878
When you'll be on a playful mood, test it out. Have fun with it. Begin with something simple, like + 6dB at 80Hz. Then reset and try also + 6dB at 120Hz and feel the difference. Then also raise 10kHz with a +3 od +5 to give it back a bit of air. And keep experimenting.

In the end, you'll still listen to most of your stuff unEQed but you'll be glad to have a fun option.

EDIT : on the DMP I mean

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #624 of 878
Yeah, the Z1R has that addictive, engaging, BASSY sound, but I'm on the lookout on a replacement due to comfort issues. I can't seem to find an IEM that has great fit, but Z1R like sound.

The DUNU Luna is phenomenal for my jazz/classical. But it doesn't quite cut it for rock/electronic.

Empire Odin.

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #627 of 878

For fun you could try sticking a piece of micropore tape over the Luna's vents on the shell. Turns them into a real bass cannon! :wink:
And if you want to shave off a few dB in the 3-5kHz region, a ring of Micropore tape also achieves that (like here, just with central hole: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fd01-class-s-solidege.868414/post-15455206)
When I tested the Luna, I ended up just with the micropore ring on the nozzle and over time got used to the bass tuning, but I'd have liked a bit more sub bass too...

11260352.png

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #630 of 878
can you elaborate? I've ordered the Empire Legend X, but I can switch if I want. Why Odin over Legend for a complement to LUNA?

Agree with @subguy812 here - the Odin is closer to the Z1R compared to the LX, especially in the treble and upper mid region. The legend X has a much warmer tonality than the Odin. Lots of bass, maybe a little too much? The Odin strikes a better balance across the FR, but still has crazy good bass quality and equally good treble (much like the Z1R).

Plus, the Odin pairs well with the DMP-Z1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back