Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Jun 21, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #107 of 163
So I just ordered these. I was wondering about the mmcx connection - is it very fragile? It's a tad concerning but I'll be careful.

I actually have the DN2002s (and DN-1000) so I really didn't need these, but just the comfort aspect of these and a more "acceptable" price for my wallet made me think these would be useful for me.
I have the Pinnacle P1s which may not compete with the 2002s - but in the end, they are just fine - one tends to go a little overboard sometimes :) . I figured the falcon-c might work for me since I don't like using an amp (I still don't even use one with the P1s), so they can sort of be like my P1s - comfortable, but easier to drive.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #108 of 163
So I just ordered these. I was wondering about the mmcx connection - is it very fragile? It's a tad concerning but I'll be careful.

I actually have the DN2002s (and DN-1000) so I really didn't need these, but just the comfort aspect of these and a more "acceptable" price for my wallet made me think these would be useful for me.
I have the Pinnacle P1s which may not compete with the 2002s - but in the end, they are just fine - one tends to go a little overboard sometimes :) . I figured the falcon-c might work for me since I don't like using an amp (I still don't even use one with the P1s), so they can sort of be like my P1s - comfortable, but easier to drive.

The connection of early batches of DK-3001 was a bit fragile, Falcon-C has really solid connectors as far as I can tell :)

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #109 of 163
I'm very happy with the Falcon-C so far. :)
They even worked nicely when I tried gaming with them (but that's what the AKGs are for).

Jun 28, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #111 of 163
How about their highs, they get to hurt? And the mids are recessed?
There was only one time that I noticed the highs being a bit much, but in all fairness it was day one use and the volume was very loud. Also, I find that reading other people's opinions makes you specifically go out and look for the same "issue", so it could just have been an influenced observation. But I have not since noticed it.
I need to listen a bit more to be able to have a better answer for you, but I have not personally had any issue with the mids - they perform well enough for me.
As single-driver units, these do what I expect. And my plan was to use them (more) instead of the P1s, and that plan is now very viable.
If you've used other good IEMs, then these won't WOW you. BUT, I say this because nothing these days WOWs me - that's every IEM after my DN-2000. Once you've hit a certain level of quality audio, then it all comes down to preferred tuning.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #112 of 163
How about their highs, they get to hurt? And the mids are recessed?

Midrange is slighlty recessed, but that is not for the bad, but for the better, makes them pretty good with most types of music

As for the treble, they are not smooth, but after proper burn-in they really hit a sweet spot.

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #113 of 163
There was only one time that I noticed the highs being a bit much, but in all fairness it was day one use and the volume was very loud. Also, I find that reading other people's opinions makes you specifically go out and look for the same "issue", so it could just have been an influenced observation. But I have not since noticed it.
I need to listen a bit more to be able to have a better answer for you, but I have not personally had any issue with the mids - they perform well enough for me.
As single-driver units, these do what I expect. And my plan was to use them (more) instead of the P1s, and that plan is now very viable.
If you've used other good IEMs, then these won't WOW you. BUT, I say this because nothing these days WOWs me - that's every IEM after my DN-2000. Once you've hit a certain level of quality audio, then it all comes down to preferred tuning.

And the falcon as compared to the P1 and the dn2000? Is the dn2000 your favorite yet?

Regards.

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #114 of 163
And the falcon as compared to the P1 and the dn2000? Is the dn2000 your favorite yet?

Regards.
The P1 is a very good performer, it has a more neutral sound and I've grown to really love the P1. People like to say they lack in bass, I hear why they'd say that but I feel the bass is there, it's just not punchy. I don't yet want to say if it's the P1 or Falcon that takes the win for me, they are different iems.
I liked the DN-2000 a lot when I had it, but the left ear went weird, so they are now dead unfortunately. DN-2002 for me has a really lovely sound - I feel everything just works together very well, no high or low taking over the show, just a smooth detailed sound. Sound-wise, the 2002s really perfected the sound over previous models. However, fit is not all great, but it's not too bad for me and I still use them.

Just found this as I was interested in the Titan 3 at one stage..

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #115 of 163
Just published my review of the Falcon-C and Dunu balanced upgrade cable on Everyday Listening with extensive comparisons to the King Pro, Comet, IT01, F9 Pro, Kinera IDUN and more! I hope it was worth the wait!

This is a really great IEM, outstanding for the price. I spent about 6 months with the earphone to come to that conclusion and let the hype die down a little so this is my honest, uncoloured verdict. Super impressed with the midrange which isn't disturbingly upper-midrange forward as some, even most Chi-Fi IEM's tend to be. It's recessed sure, but even and therefore, well-bodied, transparent and clean. Its bass has a very neutral tone and great control with heightened sub-bass providing plenty of engagement. A spacious stage and high-resolution top off a very solid signature, forming a strong overall package. If you're looking for a $200 IEM with great build quality, clean V-shaped sound and don't mind a modest lower-treble spike this is it.

dsc02062.jpg

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #117 of 163
Just picked up a pair of these. Initial impressions: very comfortable and a very appealing sound signature!

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #119 of 163
How these compare to DN-1000?
Gosh, I have the DN-1000 but need to listen to them again before I can say anything.

Read someone moan about the Falcon's carry case - that it doesn't stay closed. Maybe he just had a bad one.. But this is actually the same case that came with the DN-1000 (just a different coating) and mine has been closing for 4 years. Just odd that no one has mentioned this (not that I've seen).

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #120 of 163
I have the Falcon C a few hours ago and I did not expect this sound at all. I imagined it more fun, dynamic and impactfull but it is the opposite! I would say that they have an "audiophile" tuning, it is quite transparent and almost neutral in body, I would say. The bass is very clean and detailed with just the right amount of impact, the mids sounds very transparent, some male voices sounds somewhat sibilant at times, and the highs are bright but nothing disturbing. The sound in general is very clean and clear. Resolving details very easily too. I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back