Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Nov 20, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #318 of 543
I can't see how they made it sound better but if they did, that's totally amazing! I hope for those that find the 3001's uncomfortable these fix that issue.

I did get the Dunu Oyaide cable and it's fantastic. It does indeed have a groove and arrows pointing to it so you could fit it into a corresponding groove on a Dunu IEM so that it would not spin with the MMCX connection. But the 3001 does not have that groove. However with the style and design of this cable and lack of memory wire the 'spinning' 3001's are easier to insert than with the stock cable, even though they spin normally. I hope that lays that discussion to rest. Very happy with this $100 purchase via Amazon Prime for this cable.

Cheers!

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #319 of 543
I think I could sum up how I feel about the sound of these buds in one sentence "Wait, Dunu figured out a way to make these sound better?" or as one poster summed it up in one word in this thread "Euphonic"

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #321 of 543
Quick question about the 3001 vocals: do they have enough density, fullness and emotion or are they just clear and more on the neutral side?

I'd say fullness and emotion for vocals are part of their sound signature actually.
Quick question about the 3001 vocals: do they have enough density, fullness and emotion or are they just clear and more on the neutral side?

towards emotion and fullness for sure.

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #322 of 543
I agree with Mr. Fullness and Emotion, only to say they also have an excellent balance of clarity as well.

Nov 22, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #324 of 543
Thanks!
It seems the only problem remains with comfort.

In case you didn't read the whole thread there are some of us in this thread for which the 3001's fit perfectly well without having to finagle them in. Only way to find out is to try 'em!

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #326 of 543
Last night I had the DK-3001 in, playing off the balanced port on the Cayin N5II. Such a splendid, wonderful pairing. I highly recommend it.

Nov 23, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #327 of 543
Ive been listening to a lot of Indie Pop stuff lately and it's very layered music from beats (I listen to mostly breakbeat stuff), various sounds, sound effects, riffs, vocals. The 3001's present each layer perfectly so they are separated and identifiable but also combines them just as intended to produce the perfect final product. Vocals are present, engaging and enveloping while also being clear and nuanced. Bass is just perfect, always tight but powerful and very present when needed. Highs are pleasant, detailed but never offensive, they are 'polite' as so many reviews have put it.

All this makes the music enveloping. You just get lost in the music when listening to these buds. You will look over your shoulder thinking someone is coming due to the good soundstage. You will smile a lot and you will tap your feet and dance around thinking no one is looking. It does bring a feeling of euphoria to your listening session. These things make music fun and the thing is they are perfect with pretty much any genre so you reach to grab these buds without a moments hesitation wondering if they are the right pair for the job. They are. Enjoy!

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #328 of 543
as per Dunu on whty the 2002's got the groove to correspond with their cables to prevent spin with MMCX connection vs 3001s

"We found some poor contact cases during we have DN2002 engineering round, so we add notch on it, but not such issue found on DK3001, so we make it standard MMCX."

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #329 of 543
only downside to these pups is the lackadaisical isolation due to the shallow insertion depth. i have no idea if the shallow insertion depth has something to do with the sound quality of these things but if it does then that's an easy trade-off to make. if not, it's a downside.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #330 of 543
I'm ready for their new flagship. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back