Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #181 of 543
I sold my FLC8S a while ago but I sold them to keep my 2000J's. I found them very similar in quality with my favorite filter combination on the F's, but found the 2000J's sub-bass to be superior so I kept them. I now find the 3001's superior to the 2000J's for sure. So you can do the math. I feel like the 3001's would be more rich and full compared to the FLC8S, not to mention more fun - but I haven't heard them in a minute, and I am just a novice at this stuff. But I am feeling things with these cans I did not with either the FLC8S or the 2000J. YMMV

Ok, thanks..now to square one xD
I listen almost every kind of music and now i am searching an iem with balanced sound with sweet mids and vocals and good soundstage. I dont need too much bass, only when its necessary, good detail on treble but not too much because i am a little treble sensitive...
I will try to test them..
Thanks!

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #182 of 543
I listen almost every kind of music and now i am searching an iem with balanced sound with sweet mids and vocals and good soundstage. I dont need too much bass, only when its necessary, good detail on treble but not too much because i am a little treble sensitive...
Thanks!

Unfortunately, the 3001's don't really fit that bill. I would suggest looking into the Oriveti New Primacy instead, or perhaps something tunable like the LZ A4's.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #184 of 543
Thanks!

I think that DK-3001 fits the bill pretty well, except that the bass is a bit more than neutral. Everything else sounds like you described you're looking for.

Unfortunately, the 3001's don't really fit that bill. I would suggest looking into the Oriveti New Primacy instead, or perhaps something tunable like the LZ A4's.

ONP is a good option as well! Although ONP might have a bit too much of a relaxed treble in direct comparison...

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #185 of 543
I think that DK-3001 fits the bill pretty well, except that the bass is a bit more than neutral. Everything else sounds like you described you're looking for.

ONP is a good option as well! Although ONP might have a bit too much of a relaxed treble in direct comparison...

Hi, i think you have hifiman re-800, isn't it?
Any comparison between them and the sound signature i'm looking for?
Thanks! :)

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #186 of 543

I think he may find the bass a bit too much. It's hard to say though, because the quantity isn't crazy, but it hits so much harder than average that it can feel lifted.

I would not, however, say that the 3001's have "sweet mids." I hear that dip in the mids pretty clearly. For me, it's more of a tuning choice than a detriment, but switching from something mid-centric like the Audeze SINEs and it's apparent that the mids are recessed. If mids are a priority, then he should probably look for something less v-shaped.

Treble is terrific though. Very smooth and clean. Can't see that being a problem for many.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #187 of 543
Hi, i think you have hifiman re-800, isn't it?
Any comparison between them and the sound signature i'm looking for?
Thanks! :)

\Hey there!

Sure!

DK-3001 vs RE800: The bass on DK-3001 hits a bit deeper and a bit harder, while both stay pretty well within the bounds of what a natural sound should sound like. The decay is pretty natural on both, while RE800 has a slightly faster bass decay and is generally tighter, DK-3001 being larger and more natural. The midrange is fairly natural and relaxed on both, but DK-3001 has a more forward midrange, with a slightly more natural tonality, while RE800 has a slightly recessed midrange, with a slightly more intimate sound to it. The treble is where the two have huge differences as DK-3001 has a smooth and relaxing top end, that is going to appeal to smooth sound lovers, whilst providing a very good level of detail, while RE800 has a very energetic top end with something like a little peak that helps them show the details more and which makes everything sound more detailed on RE800. All in all, I'd recommend RE800 to someone who is looking for an energetic signature with a tight bass and DK-3001 to someone who wants the ultimate naturalness in the midrange, with a large and strong, natural decaying bass, and a silky smooth top end, assured to bring hours of relaxing joy.

I think he may find the bass a bit too much. It's hard to say though, because the quantity isn't crazy, but it hits so much harder than average that it can feel lifted.

I would not, however, say that the 3001's have "sweet mids." I hear that dip in the mids pretty clearly. For me, it's more of a tuning choice than a detriment, but switching from something mid-centric like the Audeze SINEs and it's apparent that the mids are recessed. If mids are a priority, then he should probably look for something less v-shaped.

Treble is terrific though. Very smooth and clean. Can't see that being a problem for many.

I totally agree, the bass is pretty big and hits pretty large, with great impact, but I disagree about the mids. I haven't heard the iSine series yet, but DK-3001 isn't recessed by itself, maybe in comparison, but they are not recessed, more like, in between a V/shaped and natural, but nowhere as V shaped as ie800 or other V-shaped IEMs. I agree that the treble is one of the smoothest out there, still bearing good detail - but I feel that it might actually be too smooth for some, I usually give DK-3001 a bit more treble, but they will not make problems for anyone by being too bright or too energetic :darthsmile:

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #188 of 543
DK-3001 vs RE800: The bass on DK-3001 hits a bit deeper and a bit harder, while both stay pretty well within the bounds of what a natural sound should sound like. The decay is pretty natural on both, while RE800 has a slightly faster bass decay and is generally tighter, DK-3001 being larger and more natural. The midrange is fairly natural and relaxed on both, but DK-3001 has a more forward midrange, with a slightly more natural tonality, while RE800 has a slightly recessed midrange, with a slightly more intimate sound to it. The treble is where the two have huge differences as DK-3001 has a smooth and relaxing top end, that is going to appeal to smooth sound lovers, whilst providing a very good level of detail, while RE800 has a very energetic top end with something like a little peak that helps them show the details more and which makes everything sound more detailed on RE800. All in all, I'd recommend RE800 to someone who is looking for an energetic signature with a tight bass and DK-3001 to someone who wants the ultimate naturalness in the midrange, with a large and strong, natural decaying bass, and a silky smooth top end, assured to bring hours of relaxing joy.

Thank you so much! you are very helpful :)

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #189 of 543
Thank you so much! you are very helpful :)

Yes his description was beautifully written and on point. Just get these, they are amazing, I can't take them out of my ears :beerchug:

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #190 of 543
\Hey there!

Sure!

I totally agree, the bass is pretty big and hits pretty large, with great impact, but I disagree about the mids. I haven't heard the iSine series yet, but DK-3001 isn't recessed by itself, maybe in comparison, but they are not recessed, more like, in between a V/shaped and natural, but nowhere as V shaped as ie800 or other V-shaped IEMs. I agree that the treble is one of the smoothest out there, still bearing good detail - but I feel that it might actually be too smooth for some, I usually give DK-3001 a bit more treble, but they will not make problems for anyone by being too bright or too energetic :darthsmile:
Skerry...you artificially inflate treble on every IEM and headphone. The bass is not "big"...it is present and slams hard. The treble is smooth, never harsh, but isn't the most revealing in details. Unfortunately, I don't have any equally priced IEM's, and it really isn't fair to compare Zeus or EM10. The FIBAE 2 I am demo'ing for review is a force to be reckoned with for about 70 dollars more. Obviously, these are my opinions but I don't feel it is fair to characterize these as if they are bass monsters.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #191 of 543
I don't know... the bass feels "big" to me, also. In the best possible way. Not overpowering, but big. It has glorious weight and dimension to it.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #192 of 543
I don't know... the bass feels "big" to me, also. In the best possible way. Not overpowering, but big. It has glorious weight and dimension to it.
Pinky...maybe but it certainly isn't U12 big... that is big. It is incredible bass, such is A DD

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #193 of 543
Pinky...maybe but it certainly isn't U12 big... that is big. It is incredible bass, such is A DD

lol. That DD is huge, though, and gives the bass a grander scale that even U12 didn't possess.

But you are correct. U12 is tuned with more low-end. And we shouldn't make it seem like the 3001 is a basshead IEM. It's too well balanced for that.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #194 of 543
lol. That DD is huge, though, and gives the bass a grander scale that even U12 didn't possess.

But you are correct. U12 is tuned with more low-end. And we shouldn't make it seem like the 3001 is a basshead IEM. It's too well balanced for that.
And that is my point...my Dream also had that beautiful, slamming DD bass. I love it.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #195 of 543
While the bass is noticeably present, it's controlled. Big but beautifully done. I never feel like it's bloated or taking over the music in the slightest bit. It seamlessly meshes with the mids and highs. But I prefer a bit of a hit of bass vs a polite whimper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back