1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA

Tags:
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. phthora
    I ordered some MandarinEs Symbio tips for these after I discovered I just could not get a seal when lying down. Ordered some medium-large Spiral Dots too. Anyone have other suggestions?

The seal's best with the SpinFits, but the sound's best with the Spiral Dots (when they do seal). But that always seems to be the case, doesn't it?

2. PinkyPowers
    There's only 12 pages to this thread. Read up. :wink:

Spoilers: Those are the main ones, though.

I can't say which tips are good for laying down. I never lay down and listen. Reclining, yes, but not flat on my back, bed-laying.

3. Dobrescu George
    I use spinfits the most :smile_phones:

Mandarin tips also provide nice sound and isolation :gs1000smile:

4. PixelSquish
    I'm using the Auvio mediums for now but am really counting on the M/L Spiral Dots I ordered last week as I am between a medium and a large. The Complys sounded really good with these as well. I don't like the Spinfit sound with these.

Thanks for mentioning those Mandarins, I ordered a few pair in wide bore, just hate they are orange lol The stock grey silicones are good too bro

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  5. phthora
    Well, yeah! That's how I found out about the Symbios and got the idea to go up a size in the Dots. :grin: After getting a near-perfect tip with some MEE silicones, I figured I'd see if someone had something I'd never heard of.

Such as:
    In the cart. Thanks, PixelSquish.

I'll give the Complys a shot too. That may solve the lying-down issue.

And I hate that the MandarinEs are orange too. Guess I'll have to keep them in my ears so I don't have to look at them. :wink:

6. ldo77
    Impressed by the KZ ZS5, i wonder if someone has compared the bass impact and the bass signature with these dunu ?

7. phthora
    Just bought them yesterday for $19. I'll let you know once they arrive.

8. ldo77

9. PixelSquish

The Auvios sound great but sometimes the mediums don't seal without some extra pushing, and the large are too big without some hard pushing. I've always been a medium tip guy so it must be the shallow insertion of these IEM's vs all the others I've used. Thus the comply T500 mediums are my go to right now. I don't need to squeeze them just insert them and I get a nice seal instantly. I'm hoping the M/L Spiral Dots solve the silicone fit issue for me and give me more options. Curious about the fit of the Symbios, I got 2 pair Medium and 1 pair Large on the way. I want easy to put in sealing tips :)

10. subguy812
    With these I definitely recommend going up one size compared to what you are used too as far as ear tips are concerned.

11. PixelSquish
    agreed. I'm starting to get used to the large Auvios over the mediums today. I didn't give them enough of a shot cause I was convinced the mediums had to be my size.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  12. chungoooo
    Hi all!
    Has anyone compared this iem with FLC8S?
    I am looking for an upgrade from my FLC8S and have previously a good experience with my former dunu dn1000
    Thank you guys!!!

13. HiFiChris Contributor
    While the DK-3001 is a really capable in-ear when it comes to technical performance, the FLC8s is as well. In fact, the FLC is very (very) capable for its price.
    No, I wouldn't say the DUNU is an upgrade when it comes to technical performance. It is different (e.g. bass texture where the DUNU is quite "magical" while the FLC is tighter and faster even with red-black-x filters), yes, but not better. In fact I'd say there are even areas where the FLC is technically slightly ahead while individual people might prefer the DUNU based on their preferences.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  14. chungoooo
    Thank you @HiFiChris !!! :) i will keep looking other candidates
    Much appreciated

15. PixelSquish
    I sold my FLC8S a while ago but I sold them to keep my 2000J's. I found them very similar in quality with my favorite filter combination on the F's, but found the 2000J's sub-bass to be superior so I kept them. I now find the 3001's superior to the 2000J's for sure. So you can do the math. I feel like the 3001's would be more rich and full compared to the FLC8S, not to mention more fun - but I haven't heard them in a minute, and I am just a novice at this stuff. But I am feeling things with these cans I did not with either the FLC8S or the 2000J. YMMV

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Dobrescu George likes this.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last