DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Apr 4, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #1,862 of 2,381
@Sebastien Chiu I know the focus right now is on the SA6, but do any chance you can share a few details on the SA16? Even if just vaguely talking about the target sound.

No, not at this time.

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #1,863 of 2,381
The SA6 MKII looks fantastic and very tempting - I really enjoyed the original SA6, and time I had a new DUNU product in my life - selling my ZEN PRO was a big 2022 mistake, still miss that fantastic set... I'd probably buy again except for the mention of a new DD on the horizon! Very excited to hear more about SA16 too.

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,864 of 2,381
Great to see successor to legendary SA6, perhaps not enough to jump ship the original, but SA16 and SA10 definitely pique my interest. Hopefully those will feature SA6 OG unique color option, if not something better.

Apr 5, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,865 of 2,381
Chiming in here, to comment on those worried about the fit.

The shell itself, exterior wise, is made to be look like custom IEMs, so it looks bigger than the original sa6.

The inner side is same as the old one, so no need to worried about MKII becoming bigger.

Apr 5, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,866 of 2,381
@Sebastien Chiu I know the focus right now is on the SA6, but any chance you can share a few details on the SA16? Even if just vaguely talking about the target sound.
The SA6 MKII looks fantastic and very tempting - I really enjoyed the original SA6, and time I had a new DUNU product in my life - selling my ZEN PRO was a big 2022 mistake, still miss that fantastic set... I'd probably buy again except for the mention of a new DD on the horizon! Very excited to hear more about SA16 too.
Great to see successor to legendary SA6, perhaps not enough to jump ship the original, but SA16 and SA10 definitely pique my interest. Hopefully those will feature SA6 OG unique color option, if not something better.

Quick update:

All I can say about other stuff at this time...

The SA16 will not follow the same tuning direction as the SA6 MK2. It will be something completely new.

The SA10 however will follow a similar tuning direction.

Apr 5, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,867 of 2,381
SA6-1.png
SA6-2.png
SA6-3.png

Excited to share some more of our official material for the MK2 over the next few weeks!

Apr 6, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,872 of 2,381
Anyone happen to know if the MK2 will have that unique variety faceplate coloring like the SA6? or is it just one as shown.
Different wood/resin ratio but the same colours.

Apr 6, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,873 of 2,381
Was always wondering why Bass Boost switch is called "Atmospheric Immersion". 🤷‍♂️

Also, are SA6 getting discontinued and what is MKII MSRP?
It was mentioned in a previous reply by Sebastien that the OG SA6 is sticking around. MSRP is $579

Well, because of the bass you're more immersed - hence the name.

Correct. The OG SA6 is going to stick around.

The MK2 MSRP is $579.

Any plans to release XL S&S tips to the masses? I see it will be included in the new MK2

I will ask about this and get back to you.

Anyone happen to know if the MK2 will have that unique variety faceplate coloring like the SA6? or is it just one as shown.
Different wood/resin ratio but the same colours.

Correct.

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #1,874 of 2,381
Well, because of the bass you're more immersed - hence the name.
Must be translation issue perhaps because "atmospheric" is literally opposite of extra bass. May it meant for option OFF.
Doesn't matter much really, was just curios. :relaxed:

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #1,875 of 2,381
Must be translation issue perhaps because "atmospheric" is literally opposite of extra bass. May it meant for option OFF.
Doesn't matter much really, was just curios. :relaxed:

Thanks for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back