DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jan 26, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #1,576 of 2,479
For those who have not see posts on our social yet:

We're excited to be giving away not one...not two...not three...but four KIMA units to lucky winners worldwide in celebration of Lunar New Year!

This giveaway will run till next Thursday. Details are on the page below.

May the odds ever be in your favor!

http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/d2cc2f881/
I am a Luna owner and commenting for the Kima giveaway.

However, I cannot open the link in your message. Thank you.

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #1,577 of 2,479
Talos and FH9 owner here! Let’s Go!

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #1,578 of 2,479

What error message are you receiving?

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #1,579 of 2,479
Commenting for the giveaway.

What new IEMs does Dunu have in store for this year?

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #1,580 of 2,479
Commenting for the giveaway.

What new IEMs does Dunu have in store for this year?

Exciting ones :wink: That is about all I can say for now.

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #1,581 of 2,479

Try clearing your cache in your browser. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or maybe a different computer/phone/etc... You will need to open the link to register. Well, not register, but you need to input your username that you use on here. G'luck to you. :)

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #1,582 of 2,479
Jan 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,583 of 2,479
11933039.jpg

The Kima on an moderately powered amplifier is dope. I like to think these are much better than what you would consider an entry level dynamic IEM is supposed to sound like. You guys will be happy if you get a Kima. Good luck to all.

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #1,584 of 2,479
Try clearing your cache in your browser. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or maybe a different computer/phone/etc... You will need to open the link to register. Well, not register, but you need to input your username that you use on here. G'luck to you. :)

I was going to suggest this once we got clarification! The link is working for the vast majority of people.

11933039.jpg

The Kima on an moderately powered amplifier is dope. I like to think these are much better than what you would consider an entry level dynamic IEM is supposed to sound like. You guys will be happy if you get a Kima. Good luck to all.

Thanks sir!

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #1,585 of 2,479
11933039.jpg

What would you deem as a "moderately powered amplifier", 200mW, 600mW, 1W? Just curious. :)

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #1,586 of 2,479
All of the above. I was using it on the BTR7- full powerfull musical sound coming from the Kima. Was using it on the FiiO K7 and K9 pro. Fantastic.. IFI Signaure and my DX300Max with full tilt dynamics with enhanced stage. It scaled to every single one of them. No need for full on power of a desktop but if your source got some grunt it will show it using the Kima.

To be honest it sounded fine from running it out of my phone but no way was I going to not use them with one of my more powerful sources after testing them on the sources above.

More power means greater dynamics, enhanced stage with better imaging. Better control on all parts of its sound signature. Sounds nothing like a $100 IEM.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #1,587 of 2,479
All of the above. I was using it on the BTR7- full powerfull musical sound coming from the Kima. Was using it on the FiiO K7 and K9 pro. Fantastic.. IFI Signaure and my DX300Max with full tilt dynamics with enhanced stage. It scaled to every single one of them. No need for full on power of a desktop but if your source got some grunt it will show it using the Kima.

To be honest it sounded fine from running it out of my phone but no way was I going to not use them with one of my more powerful sources after testing them on the sources above.

More power means greater dynamics, enhanced stage with better imaging. Better control on all parts of its sound signature. Sounds nothing like a $100 IEM.
Good to know! Was just wondering how well it would scale from something like DX300 w/Amp13 (400mW IIRC), up to DX300 w/Amp12 (2W)... :) Not a ton of entry level IEMs that scale that well. The only other one I have that does that very well is the iBasso IT-01S (besides my planar IEMs that is).

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,588 of 2,479
Dynamic IEMs scale much more to amplifcation vs BA based IEMs and hybrids. I use a variety of sources when I review IEMs just to find out how well an IEM scales to more power. Some IEMs sound worse when amped. Highly sensitive types for example, but usually dyanmic based IEMs does extremely well to more power.

It is the single reason why I gave the Kima a higher score than most. Don't know if the other reviewers even bothered trying them on a more powerful source. Like I said they sound nothing like a $100 IEM when amped.

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #1,589 of 2,479
Dynamic IEMs scale much more to amplifcation vs BA based IEMs and hybrids. I use a variety of sources when I review IEMs just to find out how well an IEM scales to more power. Some IEMs sound worse when amped. Highly sensitive types for example, but usually dyanmic based IEMs does extremely well to more power.

It is the single reason why I gave the Kima a higher score than most. Don't know if the other reviewers even bothered trying them on a more powerful source. Like I said they sound nothing like a $100 IEM when amped.
While I don't review as you do, I do much the same. When I purchase a new set of IEMs/earbuds/headphones, I like to try it out on many different systems to find much the same as you.

That is great to hear! Again, thanks for your input. :wink:

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #1,590 of 2,479
Don't own the Kima and only had a little time with it, would rather skip most sets under 50$ and jump to the KIMA. Great build and sound without any big negatives. Safe tuning for most people.

Don't matter how good a cheap set sound if the build is horrible, just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back