DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Oct 3, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #976 of 2,449
To add here: there are no updates to the SA4 at this time. Any units you see wandering around are sourced from the Chinese release.
The Talos have landed, and I love em. Intial impressions, clarity Kings, using SpinFit CP100+ XL the sound is full bodied with crisp detail the spinfit do definitely add a little warmth to the sound boosting the bass just enough.
Listening to Santana and Queen albums with the BA switch on is a detail rich spacious experience well beyond the price point. JETHRO TULLS Broadsword and the beast as never sounded so good!! Stage is wide, tall and deep, they do need a good chunk of power to drive them to open up and fulfil their potential I swapped the cable out for the DUNU W-02S with 4.4mm termination
Can't wait to get some hours on these, at this moment I think they top my Raptgo Hook X as my planar of choice. Great Work DUNU

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_182425.jpg
    IMG_20221003_182425.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #977 of 2,449
Word is that the tips will be sold separately soon.

Correct, hopefully I can provide some more info on that soon.

The Talos have landed, and I love em. Intial impressions, clarity Kings, using SpinFit CP100+ XL the sound is full bodied with crisp detail the spinfit do definitely add a little warmth to the sound boosting the bass just enough.
Listening to Santana and Queen albums with the BA switch on is a detail rich spacious experience well beyond the price point. Stage is wide, tall and deep, they do need a good chunk of power to drive them to open up full fill their potential I swapped the cable out for the DUNU W-02S with 4.4mm termination
Can't wait to get some hours on these, at this moment I think they top my Raptgo Hook X as my planar of choice. Great Work DUNU

Thanks so much! Personally agree with your thoughts all around :)

Running these balanced does indeed helped a LOT! They are power hungry.

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #978 of 2,449
Correct, hopefully I can provide some more info on that soon.

Thanks so much! Personally agree with your thoughts all around :)

Running these balanced does indeed helped a LOT! They are power hungry.
After the Falcon Pro and the Talos I obviously need to start saving hard to get the Vulkan. Dunu might just be becoming my favorite IEM company

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #980 of 2,449
After the Falcon Pro and the Talos I obviously need to start saving hard to get the Vulkan. Dunu might just be becoming my favorite IEM company

Dude save up for the sa6, love em
The VULKAN and DUNU SA6 are landmark releases. Meaning in this day and age there are lots of releases, but only a few that are remembered and subsequently brought (due to that memory) for use in the future. While the SA6 is wonderfully balanced yet still containing a personality, the VULKAN inches ahead for me anyway. While the SA6 acts more prim and proper, the VULKAN is the wild man, showing excessive fun and swagger! Though both actually reflect each other’s personality off each other, being almost complementary in nature. The look and style of these two are total classics, built well and physically able to carry that build into the future.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #981 of 2,449
Dude save up for the sa6, love em

The VULKAN and DUNU SA6 are landmark releases. Meaning in this day and age there are lots of releases, but only a few that are remembered and subsequently brought (due to that memory) for use in the future. While the SA6 is wonderfully balanced yet still containing a personality, the VULKAN inches ahead for me anyway. While the SA6 acts more prim and proper, the VULKAN is the wild man, showing excessive fun and swagger! Though both actually reflect each other’s personality off each other, being almost complementary in nature. The look and style of these two are total classics, built well and physically able to carry that build into the future.

Thanks for the love guys!

Oct 3, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #982 of 2,449
Oct 3, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #984 of 2,449
Since SA6 has been mentioned several times: months ago there was rumor about a possible successor ... is this a project really underway or just an idea later set aside by DUNU?

Not sure where you got this info from - it's innaccurate. No successor to the SA6 anytime soon, we are very happy with how it's doing and it's impact on the community.

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #986 of 2,449
Would love to see a TOTL tribrid from Dunu, an upgrade from my EST112 which I honestly love after all this time.

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #987 of 2,449
Would love to see a TOTL tribrid from Dunu, an upgrade from my EST112 which I honestly love after all this time.

Full disclosure: it will be a while before we release another flagship. We're more focused on the market up to $1500 now as we see a lot more long term brand value there.

That said, if we do a tribid, it won't be a TOTL one right away.

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #988 of 2,449
Full disclosure: it will be a while before we release another flagship. We're more focused on the market up to $1500 now as we see a lot more long term brand value there.

How about a DD + Planar hybrid?

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #989 of 2,449

All I need is Luna II one day.

Oct 3, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #990 of 2,449

Good to know and good to hear, that seems to be what I consider an acceptable budget for IEMs nowadays. Above that is a bit too much. I'm down for a more premium model compared to the current lineup, perhaps something around the kilobuck mark next. Would also love to see new premium cables as well, I love my Dunu Blanche, I had to get them on third parties via aliexpress after they were discontinued. Still an awesome cable. Perhaps a cooler version of the Dunu Viridian? How about a purple cable but with 8 cores? To me, the more cores, the nicer the cable feels and looks. Just putting ideas out there haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back