DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #961 of 2,418
Hi
I am currently using Noble Audio Sage. I am thinking of upgrading to the SA6. I mainly listen to pop, jpop, pop and some old classic songs. I have no way of trying the SA6 so this is gonna be a blind buy for me. I use zx300 as my dap by the way.

Other IEMs that are on my watchlist:
Moondrop S8
Moondrop variations

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #962 of 2,418
Hi
I am currently using Noble Audio Sage. I am thinking of upgrading to the SA6. I mainly listen to pop, jpop, pop and some old classic songs. I have no way of trying the SA6 so this is gonna be a blind buy for me. I use zx300 as my dap by the way.

Moondrop S8
Moondrop variations

Thanks!
In my country, Variation is $80 cheaper than SA6 and S8 is $135 more expensive than SA6.

If you love bass, love DD's bass so go for Variations . I think it's a little more exciting and save money.
For the S8 that I ever test to listen to not suitable for me , feel sleepy like SA6 (cause I really love DD's bass and the right amount ).
BTW I've never tried Noble Audio Sage.

248989890_4606237866109557_7498108672407016038_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #963 of 2,418
I was sure I was going to skip Talos because of how "gimmicky" the switch felt, specially with that treble-heavy tuning, but I could not resist the temptation of getting those tips and that design aesthetic was hard to pass up as well. They're en-route to my house right now, will get them hopefully within a couple of weeks.

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #964 of 2,418
Hi

Moondrop S8
Moondrop variations

Thanks!
If you are wanting to stick with the all BA sound, from all that I have read the SA6 might be the one to get. Keep in mind that I have not heard either of these, but I DO have an all BA set (Audiosense T800) and love them for their unique sound. It still is going to come down to your preferences in sound, but it seems that the SA6 might be an upgrade (for sound quality). But YMMV.

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #965 of 2,418
I was sure I was going to skip Talos because of how "gimmicky" the switch felt, specially with that treble-heavy tuning, but I could not resist the temptation of getting those tips and that design aesthetic was hard to pass up as well. They're en-route to my house right now, will get them hopefully within a couple of weeks.

Gotta agree on the design. I really like the shape, the old style logo and the cool powder coat treatment. It looks excellent. But as an owner of several planars already I’m inclined to wait for some more reviews first.

Sep 30, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #967 of 2,418
Hi

Moondrop S8
Moondrop variations

Thanks!

The SA6 is a more warm and relaxed than the Sage.

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #970 of 2,418
Got curious about the Talos, may get a set because I simply need a planar IEM in my collection. Also curious about those cylinder shaped eartips, will those be sold separately?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #973 of 2,418
Anyone have any experience with the Dunu Amber cable?

I’m looking to pair it with a Monarch I just bought.

Oct 3, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #974 of 2,418
D99EBB7A-D748-4E45-80C0-44C318E4250C.jpeg

To add to your list of things you can keep your eye out for :)

Oct 3, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #975 of 2,418
Sorry for the weird question, SA4 news has been pretty quiet. Is it sold outside of China?
I don't see any dealers in my country yet. How is it compared to SA6? Thank you. :slight_smile:

Not yet, which is kind of weird. I've inquired about that a few months ago and got the answer that they don't have a global release date for it. yet in those few moths they've released 2 new IEM's (Vulkan, Talos), a new color for a older IEM (silver Titan S) and there is a leak of another IEM (KIMA)... DUNU, what's the hold up here? (If it's the availability of drivers or resin I'm going to press (X) to doubt as other producers don't seem to have these issues)

The planned slight re-tune should cost less time to implement than introducing 3 new IEM's. Hell I'd probably be fine with the Chinese version as I'm a treble head and they usually have a brighter tune for domestic vs global which are usually warmer. I get wanting to join the planar bandwagon while it's part of the hype train but don't neglect other parts of your roadmap for it. If the re-tune is not going to happen any time soon, make the current domestic one available for us. It's been for sale on the domestic market for over 5 months now and we've been waiting long enough for it.

Thanks. I rarely follow the news. Maybe I would have tried Vulkan, Talos before SA4. :smile:

I’m going to be like that guy sitting next to you two and talking, yet I know nothing. This type of response could almost come from a stranger sitting next to you in a bar, only knowing a little about IEMs. I’m guessing that DUNU finds the two latest releases (Vulkan, Talos) as super exciting and looks at the SA4 as a style of fill-in model. While probably very good and super well tuned, it’s kinda conservative in regards to the (Vulkan, Talos). But also “maybe” the Chinese market is more in-line for such an SA4 IEM? Where they simply want a certain level of replay and no surprises, thus conservative. Where these last two have been maybe a little wild. But note too, the (Vulkan, Talos) are almost opposite. Opposite of each other and experimental!

To add here: there are no updates to the SA4 at this time. Any units you see wandering around are sourced from the Chinese release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back