DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Nov 6, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #1,292 of 2,571
Finally get my hands on the Dunu SA6 Ultra.
Some initial thoughts with respect to my taste:
- Good quality bass, it's there and it's fast, enough for me
- Vocal is like a step backward to my taste, blend into the music well tho (personally like a more forward vocal presence)
- Instruments get good separation and overall good imaging
- Treble is good and I would like to get more, lacking the sparks

First time trying the DUNU Stage and Studio Ear Tips with high expectations, it gives a good seal but the material is so stiff which causes me a pain in my ear canal, does anyone feel that too? Change to Spinfit W1 and the comfort is day and night.

Looking to move forward with my next IEM, any recommendations ~1500 USD?

Nov 6, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #1,293 of 2,571
- Vocal is like a step backward to my taste, blend into the music well tho (personally like a more forward vocal presence)

First time trying the DUNU Stage and Studio Ear Tips with high expectations, it gives a good seal but the material is so stiff which causes me a pain in my ear canal, does anyone feel that too? Change to Spinfit W1 and the comfort is day and night.

Many thanks for your initial thoughts. 👍

Interesting how you summarise the vocals where other reviewers impressions range from neutral to slightly forward sounding?

Maybe some more burn in time might have an effect and tip rolling can make a big difference too.

It is difficult to provide recommendations in the ~ 1500 USD range without knowing a little more about your music library and sound signature preferences? 👌🎶

Nov 6, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #1,294 of 2,571

You want more vocal forwardness and more treble sparkles? I suggest looking at Monarch Mk2 and steer clear from Andromeda 2020.

Edit: Dunu Zen Pro is also worth considering

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #1,295 of 2,571
You want more vocal forwardness and more treble sparkles? I suggest looking at Monarch Mk2 and steer clear from Andromeda 2020.

Edit: Dunu Zen Pro is also worth considering

I will throw the Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs Gaea into the mix for vocal forwardness and more treble which is within budget 🙏👍

Nov 7, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #1,296 of 2,571
Hey man, it looks like perhaps my SA6 Ultra parcel is stuck. Hasn't moved for over 2 days from a sorting facility. I hope it's nothing (🙏) but I'm fairly skittish when it comes to things not going smoothly in regards to large purchases such as this
Mine hasn't shipped yet :upside_down: Shouldn't went for express... oh well! @LCD2_ How long did it take for yours to ship? It's almost been two weeks now...

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #1,297 of 2,571

I second the dunu zen pro iem I just brought one & love it it is great for all types of music plus male & female vocals. Very good fit also. To me it is on par with my ie600 & sony m9.

Nov 8, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #1,298 of 2,571
Well, guess someone is not measuring quite well the pulse of the community! SA6 Ultra was praised and recommended from very beginning.
Yes, they can recreate (and charge more) but they lost sales and brand leverage - didn't satisfied the demand for SA6 but pushing the meeeee Talos with useless switch.

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #1,299 of 2,571
Well, guess someone is not measuring quite well the pulse of the community! SA6 Ultra was praised and recommended from very beginning.
Yes, they can recreate (and charge more) but they lost sales and brand leverage - didn't satisfied the demand for SA6 but pushing the meeeee Talos with useless switch.
My guess is they either release a more expensive set with similar tuning but different drivers (DD+BA+EST) or a cheaper version with less drivers maybe around $200-300?

Nov 8, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,300 of 2,571
My guess is they either release a more expensive set with similar tuning but different drivers (DD+BA+EST) or a cheaper version with less drivers maybe around $200-300?
SA4 int version could be an option, but either it is still in progress or it isn't planned anymore.
Mine hasn't shipped yet :upside_down: Shouldn't went for express... oh well! @LCD2_ How long did it take for yours to ship? It's almost been two weeks now...
Surprisingly mine took less than three days for a Long distance. In general it's about two weeks +. I like the non Ultra with switch Off, the Ultra with switch on.

So, best wishes you'll get yours soon. 👍🏻
It was a limited collab and it should be like this.

The Talos is a great pair for an affordable price, if you're no basshead. The switch is useless for my taste and i absolutely don't understand the cable this time.

In general the new tips aren't made for me. I use Spiral Dots or Spinfit W1.

Other cable or even quick lock (light) option, no ba's/ switch. 150$ and the Talos is a no brainer.

Enjoy music.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #1,301 of 2,571
SA4 int version could be an option, but either it is still in progress or it isn't planned anymore.

Surprisingly mine took less than three days for a Long distance. In general it's about two weeks +. I like the non Ultra with switch Off, the Ultra with switch on.

So, best wishes you'll get yours soon. 👍🏻

It was a limited collab and it should be like this.

The Talos is a great pair for an affordable price, if you're no basshead. The switch is useless for my taste and i absolutely don't understand the cable this time.

In general the new tips aren't made for me. I use Spiral Dots or Spinfit W1.

Other cable or even quick lock (light) option, no ba's/ switch. 150$ and the Talos is a no brainer.

Enjoy music.
Talos - an orthodox tuning with mid-fi resolution! And from a planar!

Nov 8, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #1,302 of 2,571
Dunu Day 📦🎶🎧🙌🏻

Enjoy music

PXL_20220731_172424577.PORTRAIT.jpg

Congratulations! What are the cables that you got? Are they all different?

I got to try the DUNU Talos recently courtest of @gadgetgod , loved the set. Made me join Head-Fi and share my impressions lol. Check out my impressions here(My first post on Head-Fi):-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-talos.26040/reviews#review-29520

Thanks for your impressions! Nice job and glad you love it!

If you liked the Ultra, you should try out the QDC Anole VX. You can probably find one on the used market.

Nov 8, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #1,303 of 2,571
Also waiting eagerly for some movement on my Ultra. Ordered the 26th, but no updates yet. Excited to give it a listen! Hoping their timeline holds and there’s some movement within the next week or so.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #1,304 of 2,571
Congratulations! What are the cables that you got? Are they all different?
Thank you! Yes, indeed. Those are another Amber, DUW-02S and Viridian.

Cheers 🙃✌🏻

Nov 9, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #1,305 of 2,571
Thanks to whoever cancelled his order for the SA6 Ultra! :ksc75smile:
Managed to place an order with the help of HifiGo Team. Yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back