DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Nov 2, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #1,276 of 2,571
Wow is that the 11/11 price?? Good deal
This is pretty lame, I expect free standard shipping if my order is at least 150.

Because what's the point of discounts if you're charging 15 bucks for shipping?
No free shipping to UK below $300 from Hifigo, but taxes are pre-paid. I think it's free over $100 to Asia & USA. There's a $10 option as well that's a bit slower...I could have maybe found a better deal if I'd waited but would have risked being stuck in the inevitable 11/11 traffic jam.
:unamused:

Nov 3, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #1,278 of 2,571
@Sebastien Chiu

Hey man, it looks like perhaps my SA6 Ultra parcel is stuck. Hasn't moved for over 2 days from a sorting facility. I hope it's nothing (🙏) but I'm fairly skittish when it comes to things not going smoothly in regards to large purchases such as this 🤡

I wouldn't be worried.

Nov 3, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #1,279 of 2,571
Dunu Day 📦🎶🎧🙌🏻

Enjoy music

PXL_20220731_172424577.PORTRAIT.jpg

Nov 3, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #1,281 of 2,571
I want to give Dunu my money, but they just don't seem to want it.

Alas, Dunu.
I know Dunu'd want to stand by what they said and would want to end the re-issue talk but still crossing fingers with deep hopes that they would make an exception for the SA6 Ultra, last production run please. 🙂

Good to see a positive response overall with the amount of recent releases. Most have been very competitive and a healthy 11.11 for both new and old to the community.

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #1,283 of 2,571
I want to give Dunu my money, but they just don't seem to want it.

Alas, Dunu.

Yeah, very hard to get where I live. I really wanted the Vulkan and the Amber...

Rather than lamenting the last limited and pining for a re-release the strategy with DUNU is “wait for the next one.” Because there will be a next one, whatever it may be.

Not a strategy I like... at all. I prefer a more stable approach to tried and tested products which remain available due to its enduring quality and customer engagement. Not through surprise and fomo on limited stocks which reach only a tiny portion of interested customers.

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #1,284 of 2,571
Yeah, very hard to get where I live. I really wanted the Vulkan and the Amber...

Not a strategy I like... at all. I prefer a more stable approach to tried and tested products which remain available due to its enduring quality and customer engagement. Not through surprise and fomo on limited stocks which reach only a tiny portion of interested customers.
You know how you show a company you don’t like their strategy? It won’t be by whining on a forum when they already made their money off of the last limited-release

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #1,285 of 2,571

I agree with this. Having said that, it seems as though that is normally what they actually do (at least they used to). For instance the DK series. They kept those around for 4 years before discontinuing them.

Part of the problem for most people with these limited release runs, is that they have no time to save up to get a set. When a set is released, there are a lot of people that don't get them right away because they can't afford them. They need time to save up to get a set. If they sell out in less than a week, then they are left in the cold. I don't like this strategy at all IMO.

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #1,286 of 2,571
You know how you show a company you don’t like their strategy? It won’t be by whining on a forum when they already made their money off of the last limited-release

Since they didn’t get my money, this is not whining. It’s just wishing.

I agree with this. Having said that, it seems as though that is normally what they actually do (at least they used to). For instance the DK series. They kept those around for 4 years before discontinuing them.

Part of the problem for most people with these limited release runs, is that they have no time to save up to get a set. When a set is released, there are a lot of people that don't get them right away because they can't afford them. They need time to save up to get a set. If they sell out in less than a week, then they are left in the cold. I don't like this strategy at all IMO.

This is what I meant. Thanks @samandhi

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #1,287 of 2,571
Sometimes it is best to take a positive outlook and not fall foul of FOMO. I am sure that Dunu's best IEM is somewhere in the near future and not in the past.

There are not many hobbies that have as many new releases as this one so plenty more opportunities to be had to grab some great products 🙏

Nov 5, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #1,288 of 2,571
Hello friends,

I just posted my review for the DUNU SA6 Ultra. I know some people are sad that the pair went out of stock instantly, I personally wish there were some more units because some of my close friends wanted it after trying my set.

You can check out my complete review on Head-Fi here:-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-sa6-ultra.26121/reviews#review-29512

Some eye candy like always:-
1.jpg

10.jpg

6.jpg

Nov 5, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #1,289 of 2,571
Nov 5, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #1,290 of 2,571
Sometimes it is best to take a positive outlook and not fall foul of FOMO. I am sure that Dunu's best IEM is somewhere in the near future and not in the past.

There are not many hobbies that have as many new releases as this one so plenty more opportunities to be had to grab some great products 🙏
Yeah, I think patience almost always pays off in this hobby. The SA6 ultra situation is more the exception than the norm.

I was a bit surprised, Precog put his SA6 ultra ranking up (6.7). The is higher than than the RSV and the ie600. I don’t think the review is out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back