DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
May 27, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #406 of 2,381
did you get the moonlight yet? im thinking about buying one , or maybe the canon
No DHL doesn’t serve my area well so they forwarded it to USPS today, should be here next week. Can’t wait!

May 28, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #409 of 2,381
While everyone is getting more exited about the Vulkan (and for good reason) I'm just sitting here waiting for more news on the SA4.
The Vulkan will most likely be out of my reach in terms of pricing and the SA4 got my interest being a all BA set.

I've been interested in the DUNU Studio releases since the moment they were announced. I do like my multi BA sets but the SA6 which I'm very interested in is out of my reach in terms of pricing and the SA3 didn't catch my attention that much. Then again neither did the Heart mirror for a long time and I love that one ever since I got it so maybe I need to look further into that one.

The upcoming SA4 seems to take a nice middle ground between these two so I got interested in it but it doesn't have any reviews as it has yet to release. And at the estimated prices it's too expensive to go in on it blind, I'm still a student at the end of the day. So I'm wondering if there is more info on the SA4 and what is the ETA? Do I need to wait for the end of the year or is it due in the next months?

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #410 of 2,381
While everyone is getting more exited about the Vulkan (and for good reason) I'm just sitting here waiting for more news on the SA4.
The Vulkan will most likely be out of my reach in terms of pricing and the SA4 got my interest being a all BA set.

I've been interesten in the DUNU Studio releases since the moment they were announced. I do like my multi BA sets but the SA6 which I'm very interested in is out of my reach in terms of pricing and the SA3 didn't catch my attention that much. Then again neither did the Heart mirror for a long time and I love that one ever since I got it so maybe I need to look further into that one.

The upcoming SA4 seems to take a nice middle ground between these two so I got interested in it but it doesn't have any reviews as it has yet to release. And at the estimated prices it's too expensive to go in on it blind, I'm still a student at the end of the day. So I'm wondering if there is more info on the SA4 and what is the ETA? Do I need to wait for the end of the year or is it due in the next months?
Think there is an ebay listing for them. Seems you could buy it right now if you wanted. A seller on Ali as well...
1653768308610.png

And whatcha mean you don't wanna buy blind? It's DUNU man. Not BLON or BGVP or TRN or something. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #411 of 2,381
Think there is an ebay listing for them. Seems you could buy it right now if you wanted. A seller on Ali as well...
1653768308610.png

This is the version for the Asian market. Dunu previously commented that the western version will be different in tuning and that the price you see on ebay is not reflective of what the final price will be.

May 28, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #412 of 2,381
Who wants the western tuning? The western production goes that way and then DUNU goes that way too and it adds up to a little too much. I think the western record production and mixing + Asian tuning = just right. :relaxed:

May 28, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #413 of 2,381

I've been interested in the DUNU Studio releases since the moment they were announced. I do like my multi BA sets but the SA6 which I'm very interested in is out of my reach in terms of pricing and the SA3 didn't catch my attention that much. Then again neither did the Heart mirror for a long time and I love that one ever since I got it so maybe I need to look further into that one.

Edit: Spelling

Second this! I had a chance to audition SA3 yesterday. The sound is not my cup of tea but the form factor and isolation is so good. It would be great to have something similar from Dunu but less expensive than SA6. Haven’t heard anything about SA4 for a while.

May 28, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #414 of 2,381
Who wants the western tuning? The western production goes that way and then DUNU goes that way too and it adds up to a little too much. I think the western record production and mixing + Asian tuning = just right. :relaxed:
Yeah, I wouldn’t mind getting somebody’s take on this one. There’s been a few sitting on aliexpress. I’ll likely hold out for the vulkan, but we’ll see. There’s quite a bit of competition around this price range

May 29, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #416 of 2,381
@DUNU-Topsound I was fortunate to have gotten the Vernus and must say it’s the best single driver IEM I’ve heard to date. It’s unfortunate it was only limited to 100 sets. Dunu should definitely consider a large production run for it. Or at least introduce a second flavor of Falcon Pro with Vernus tuning.
is it tuned differently? I like the original falcon pro, what are the differences in tuning?

May 29, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #417 of 2,381
is it tuned differently? I like the original falcon pro, what are the differences in tuning?

Read more about it here (including graphs of the various nozzles). It's a really smart tuning and quite a technical performer.

May 29, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #418 of 2,381
Read more about it here (including graphs of the various nozzles). It's a really smart tuning and quite a technical performer.

I really regret not ordering it now - I was on the page when stock was available, and went back a couple of hours later and sold out. Fingers crossed @DUNU-Topsound do another run!

May 29, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #419 of 2,381
In preparation for my review, I was taking some photos this evening - the dusk light always good. Fantastic to see the same selection of accessories that come with the likes of ZEN PRO - they really do cover everything and make for a fantastic unboxing experience.

P1020677.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #420 of 2,381
I really regret not ordering it now - I was on the page when stock was available, and went back a couple of hours later and sold out. Fingers crossed @DUNU-Topsound do another run!

Cuts both ways. Having never heard the Falcon Pro I had to make a snap decision to spend that $220. I was pretty nervous about it until they came and I spent some time with them. The gamble paid off for me. It also made me a DUNU fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back