DT770 80 ohm Amp Recommendations
Aug 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MusicTurtle

Head-Fier
I initially started visiting headfi for a nicer set of headphones to see what all the fuss was about. That ultimately led me to owning over 5 pair of headphones and making my peasant wallet weep. Lately this odd and rather joyful journey has brought me to the world of amps. I recently got my hands on a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's 80 ohm for a steal but unlike my other headphones these require a bit more to drive properly. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere near the same amount of detail when plugged into my ipod as from other sources.

I'd like to find an amp that can bring out the mids a bit more. I'm not expecting a miracle as I'm aware of the limitations of my equipment but a bump to the mids would really enhance my enjoyment.

My source is an Ipod Classic 120gb
All Files are encoded in Lossless format
My budget is about $150 (Excluding a LOD if necessary)

I've researched a bit and have found some amps in my price range but have no idea how well they would work with my beyers.

PA2v2
Ibasso T3
BSG Cmoy
Cmoybb

I'm leaning towards the PAV2v2 however any insight as always would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #2 of 3
I can say the PA2v2 works great with the DT770's. I used my ipod+LOD+PA2V2+DT770 at work for about a year and everything sounded great. With the PA2V2 you have to use rechargble AA batteries because normal AA screws with the amp and makes it sound bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back