Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
Sep 6, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #151 of 1,383
IT01s will be more colored vs the FDX1 for certain but it is done very tastefully has a great sense of immersion. Resolution of the earphones are undeniable. I still might go for it. Like I said I see that 400 pair sold and I suspect real soon. It might push me over the edge.

The way the reviews read about the FDX1 I can insert my IT01S and it is like they are describing it. As of now I am 65% leaning toward getting one. Has been a while since I got a JVC phone.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #152 of 1,383
But then again once I see that 400 pair of them have sold. I might just get one. Lol.
Where do you see 400? At this moment it says 291 sold.

No need to get worked up about it. If you pre-order, you still have to wait until late December. Or take your time and wait until they have it in inventory before deciding, for only $30 more and fast shipping.

Sep 6, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #154 of 1,383
The long wait has begun... Can't wait to hear how they compare to my current darling, the ATH-CKR100. I might get a Cupid in the meantime if the wait is too long and I can spare the extra cash.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #155 of 1,383
Thanks @rkw and @james444 for the input about the bass. I've placed an order for the FDX1.
I'm a sucker for DD timbre.
Just a little christmas present for myself, hopefully it will be my endgame DD IEM.
Now i just have to resist buying anything on 11/11 and skip one meal a day for the rest of the year LOL. Arggg I wish I didn't step into this rabbit hole.

Sep 7, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #157 of 1,383
There's a sound demo here:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av58285363?from=search&seid=11341255578183244874

The first Bee gees song:
A) FD01 Ti
B) S10
C) FW10000

at 6:13 there are the measurements.

In this demo, FD01 is always the A option. But bear in mind this is the unmodded version so probably only comparable to the FD1X using the white o-ring nozzle.

Thanks for answering. I wonder how they are able to capture and reproduce the actual sound someone is hearing from the actual IEMs when I am playing the videos out of my desktop speakers.

Reason I asked is someone once asked if a tape modded FD01 sounds comparable to the FW10000. If the FD1X comes close, it will be a massive hit in terms of value.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #158 of 1,383
Thanks for answering. I wonder how they are able to capture and reproduce the actual sound someone is hearing from the actual IEMs when I am playing the videos out of my desktop speakers.

Reason I asked is someone once asked if a tape modded FD01 sounds comparable to the FW10000. If the FD1X comes close, it will be a massive hit in terms of value.

FW10000 follows a bright tuning with minimal bass whereas modded fd01 already has more bass stock, and bass level increases the more its damped. Would also add that fw10k's driver is very capable albeit not a tuning for me.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Sep 7, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #159 of 1,383
Thanks @rkw and @james444 for the input about the bass. I've placed an order for the FDX1.
I'm a sucker for DD timbre.
Just a little christmas present for myself, hopefully it will be my endgame DD IEM.
Now i just have to resist buying anything on 11/11 and skip one meal a day for the rest of the year LOL. Arggg I wish I didn't step into this rabbit hole.

It’s a rabbit hole that can lead to euphoria!

Sep 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #162 of 1,383
Everything I have these days is pretty bassy, which is the appeal here that it’s unlike the rest of my inventory. That said, the hold out issue for me is I’m trying to save up for a totl set of full-size headphones to go with my new rig. I don’t *need* another set of in-ears. So I feel like waiting until the last minute in this case.

I also am concerned these are too bass light for me, even with the blue nozzles. How do the FDX1 respond to power? I was surprised with the different ways the No.3 and Kanas took to the wireless BT20 vs how they responded to a balanced DAP. The bass varied greatly, and I think it has to do with the increase in mW. If my upstream gear tends to lean warm with bass will the FDX1 reflect that as the power requirements are more than fully met?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #163 of 1,383
The euphoria will only last until next year when something purportedly "better" comes out and you're left with a nagging feeling until you get it. The rabbit hole will always get deeper.

Haha in some cases the euphoria might not even be a year. Nowadays its only a few weeks to months before the next shiny audio gear is released.
Better watch our wallets!

Sep 7, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #164 of 1,383
I did some serious analytical listening today to characterize the FDX1 for my forthcoming review. And while their qualities are out of question, I went through the same playlist with the $40 Blon BL-03 thereafter...and it held up pretty much (well, not exactly but it came pretty darn close) against the JVC in terms of tonal accuracy and balance...ok, the Blon is brighter, has more recessed mids and is overall a bit thinner sounding than the JVC, but it was still an immense pleasure listening to a cross section of classical and rock/op music. Both did a terrific job on the natural reproduction of a "Waldhorn" in a Beethoven scherzo you will not find in a BA earphone. As said before, the BL-03 sports the same driver as the Tanchjim Oxygen and both were tuned by the same guy. But as this thing looks a bit non-descript, comes with a cheap cable, and has short nozzles and crappy tips [yes it needed some tinkering], most reviewers registered it as soso. If the shortcomings were fixed, this could be an interesting iem for the mature crowd on drop.com, Tanimoto san (@CEE TEE).

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #165 of 1,383
I did some serious analytical listening today to characterize the FDX1 for my forthcoming review. And while their qualities are out of question, I went through the same playlist with the $40 Blon BL-03 thereafter...and it held up pretty much (well, not exactly but it came pretty darn close) against the JVC in terms of tonal accuracy and balance...ok, the Blon is brighter, has more recessed mids and is overall a bit thinner sounding than the JVC, but it was still an immense pleasure listening to a cross section of classical and rock/op music. As said before, it sports the same driver as the Tanchjim Oxygen and both were tuned by the same guy. But as this thing looks a bit non-descript, comes with a cheap cable, and has short nozzles and crappy tips [yes it needed some tinkering], most reviewers registered it as soso. If the shortcomings were fixed, this could be an interesting iem for the mature crowd on drop.com, Tanimoto san (@CEE TEE).

If u have heard the Tanchjim Oxygen before, how does it compare to the FDX1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back