1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. TooPoorForHiFi
  2. CEE TEE
    Sorry! Dev Team working on right now...

3. MrPretty
    It's up!

CEE TEE and ptr516 like this.
  4. Makahl
    It's working now. Just got it. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    CEE TEE likes this.
  5. cn11
    Got one. Hah.

CEE TEE likes this.
  6. TooPoorForHiFi
    Joined!

CEE TEE likes this.
  7. Otto Motor
    Done!

8. mashuto
    This is what I get for continuing to hang around this forum... I really dont need to be spending more money. But these look very interesting and well, I bought. Now the long wait until the end of December begins.

CEE TEE likes this.
  9. lafeuill
    I'm in
    :grinning:

10. james444 Contributor
  11. TooPoorForHiFi
    Could you check your PMs please.

12. Nabillion_786
    @james444 I've read soo many impressions on these now but before making my final decision I would like to know your opinion on the soundstage these produce? Some users say it lacks a big stage while others say it is good. I watch a lot of movies on my phone so I need a stage that is very spacious and 3d sounding without that typical in the head feeling I get from most iems. Also how are the transient speed on the mids? Even though I prefer the sound of DD over ba I find that most of my DD iems lack in speed and clarity which makes the vocals sound a bit lazy and lacking in detail when compared to my 4ba toneking t4. This is why I am also considering the t800 but am not sure what is the best decision. Your help would be great!

13. james444 Contributor
    To me, they have better than average soundstage size and very accurate positioning within that stage, I don't watch movies, but I listen to a lot of classical orchestra pieces and perceive their spatial presentation as quite compelling for IEMs.

As for speed and clarity, I can only assure you that they're among the fastest and clearest sounding DD IEMs I've heard. I cannot help you with comparisons to the 4ba toneking t4 or t800, I'm afraid, since I haven't heard these IEMs. But if you read my Q&A you'll probably know that realistic timbre / tonality is more important for me than ultimate speed or clarity.

I think that's the decision you'll have to make, which aspects of sound are highest on your list of priorities? If it's ultimate speed and clarity, you should probably opt for BAs. If it's tonal realism and timbre, you'll have a hard time finding anything better than the FDX1.

lafeuill and Nabillion_786 like this.
  14. CobraMan
    Just completed my order - and now the long wait for Santa to make his rounds!!! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Many thanks to @james444, @CEE TEE, @shotgunshane, and anyone else that helped make this a reality. Also sending out my gratitude to all the reviewers that had the chance to preview these and provide detailed comments.

Cheers,
    Tim

CEE TEE, shotgunshane and james444 like this.
  15. Nabillion_786
    Thanks a lot for your detailed response and helping me make my decision! Based on what I have read it seems like you have heard a lot of top tier iems so if you say these are among the best DD in clarity and speed then I will probably just give these a try. There should be higher chance this time that these will actually be my first upgrade rather then the usual sidegrade increases I hear.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last