Dr Dre Beats Solo HD Headphones - Do I buy!?
Aug 27, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #32 of 75

Quote:
Soundstige - the seinnheisers are really cheap! Only £35 - how can they compete against the beats?

As for the HD25s, thats out of my price range - the beats are at the very top i think of what I want to spend.

The AH-D1100 dont look that good physically - and dont look portable either.

They're actually more sturdy than the beats by a long shot. They can be quite portable as well. The only problem is the folding function. I'll be entirely honest though, I don't see how a folding function can be the selling point when it comes to overpriced rubbish. There's honestly no point in purchasing them unless you really value style over sound. If this was the case, then you probably wouldn't have come seeking advice in the first place. That leads me to believe you're genuinely one of those guys who wants to spend their money wisely. Unfortunately in your case, there aren't too many great sounding portable headphones available at a retail store. Your only other option is to order them online or get some IEMs. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #37 of 75

Quote:
Ok guys - im going for the AKG K450 for £49.99 and im off to buy em now - let me know what you think about my decision!

Exactely what I was going to suggest , but you wouldn't have them at that price at "john lewis" store, unless you have a coupon.
I've seen that  peoples with "big heads" are complainning , in the reviews  at amazon.
And if you are you going to buy elsewhere, I would look at ultrasone  models or aiaiai tma-1 or senn IE7 ( last for iem).

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #40 of 75
I got them at Richer Sounds Southmapton - great store,they also suggested Audio Technika ATH-E555 but in the end decided to stick with the AKGs, am REALLY impressed with them, i <3 the carry case, very comfy + sounds like a dream.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #41 of 75

This is probably too late but why not consider the skullcandy aviator? jude actually kinda liked them, plus they look pretty good

The Aviators are pretty d.amn awesome. However, I would only recommend using them at home or on casual strolls. Don't bother using them on trains or buses because there's very little isolation. But the SQ is great. 

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #45 of 75
He writes that he can barely tell the difference between Skullcandy Aviators and Audeze LCD-2 out of a $600 amp. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. Even if he goes on to make distinctions, just putting that in written form is insane. I hope he bought something nice with that check.

Quote:
The Aviators are not as bad as other skull candy, look at this review:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-roc-nation-aviator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back