Do you use headphones to listen to your music or music to listen to your headphones?
Jul 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

astroid

1000+ Head-Fier
Its very easy to move from one to the other,i used to listen to headphones only in the house and during that period i became a 'SCS'  - serial can swapper.
I became obsessed with the technical abilities of my newest cans and eventually ended up often listening to small sections of tracks and A-Bing them.
I recently started a new job that has meant a 1 hr commute in each direction and have found that i am enjoying music much more again, no amp swapping , cable swapping or volume matching just album after album.
I still have several sets of cans but i spend very little time assessing them now.
What about you?

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Heya,

I swing back and forth. Some days, I get on a streak where I'm constantly swapping headphones to listen to specific types of music. Then other days, I can't be bothered, and I just put on what's comfortable, play music on shuffle, and get to my normal thing like painting or being on the web, etc. I'm almost always surfing, reading, etc, while listening. Sometimes, I just kick back in the chair, listen, and flip through websites and facebook or something on my transformer tablet. It's all about mood. I definitely listen when I get a new album and give myself a block of an hour to listen to it from start to finish in one sitting with no interruptions. Other times, I swap cans to see if something sounds different, or if I heard something but think I'm not getting all of it from a certain can, etc.

Very best,

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 6
I assess my newest cans and the mods I might perform on my older cans.

But they are for music, videos and gaming.

I actually assign my cans to certain tasks, like my T50RP for strictly listening to music, my HD598 for Writing, my AD500 for Reading and videos, Mdr-V6 for gaming and SR80i for portable

But I do enjoy hopping in my car and listening to my stock stereo system, quite good btw, and listening to the radio.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 6
If i read or surf when listening to music it just becomes background noise , nice sometimes but if i want to listen fully i get in my 'listening' chair close my eyes and immerse myself , the drawback is how often i fall asleep!

The older i get the more i love the radio, news and BBC radio 6 music, god i hope they dont can it.

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 6

Ha Ha, Pleased I,m not the only sufferer inflicted with this frustrating affliction LoL, after many hours doing precisely what you have described I have gravitated to the addictive (mids) of orthodynamics.

Quote:
Its very easy to move from one to the other,i used to listen to headphones only in the house and during that period i became a 'SCS'  - serial can swapper.
I became obsessed with the technical abilities of my newest cans and eventually ended up often listening to small sections of tracks and A-Bing them.
I recently started a new job that has meant a 1 hr commute in each direction and have found that i am enjoying music much more again, no amp swapping , cable swapping or volume matching just album after album.
I still have several sets of cans but i spend very little time assessing them now.
What about you?

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
nice sometimes but if i want to listen fully i get in my 'listening' chair close my eyes and immerse myself , the drawback is how often i fall asleep!  

I just picked up a nice and comfy loveseat to pack into my tiny room. Placed it four feet from my receiver so any can will reach and the first day I listened to some good Medeski, Martin and Wood, then fell asleep. I slept and screwed up my sleep timing. So then yesterday, did the same thing. Boy, I am beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back