Do you sleep with your headphones?
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I fell asleep once listening to music through Mallows. Didn't really hurt, but I'd never do it again. As for full size, oh eff no. Bad idea, to say the least.

Agreed.

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #50 of 66
Well that's just sick. You know...there is help out there.
wink_face.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #51 of 66
Falling asleep with headphones on is one thing.

Passing out is quite another.

Which is what happened last night with the HD-800. I zoned out while listening to the Bach organ music box set and was startled back into consciousness when Knut Vad hit some pedal tones. It sort of freaked me out.

But I had the presence to take them off and click the amp off, as well.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #52 of 66
lol, but you have to admit it is an amazing feeling right before you doze off when you are listening to great music.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #53 of 66
When I had Sensaphonic customs I did. They even made a sleep plug that had no drivers but is used for blocking out noise while sleeping. The material of the Sensa was very rubbery. I would not try it with ETY's though... Ouch

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #54 of 66
I worry greatly about falling asleep with IEMs. Just the fear of pushing them in too deep or the foam tips being stuck in there after the drivers fall out is enough for me not to wear them while in bed. The iBuds I like when I have to do yard work because I don't care what happens to them, which is also why I can sleep with them.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #55 of 66
I always fall asleep with my MDR V6's on. I either set my laptop or my Creative Zen to shut off after 45 minutes and just pick one track I prefer that night and set it on repeat.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #56 of 66
I usually do most of my listening late at night while lying in bed with my fullsize cans. On more than one occasion I've fallen asleep with them on. I get up about an hour or two later, take the cans of my head and go back to sleep.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #58 of 66
No, I don't.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #59 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by checkzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to sleep with my 4Hs and SHS3200s.

person
tongue.gif
wink.gif

jk
i doze off with my Grado SR125s on a low volume + a long extension cord.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #60 of 66
Every night I listen to them. I have long days and listening to music is the last thing I get to do. On the couch I sleep on my back. I found a small, firm sewn pillow at Big Lots and I don't sink into it. The cans stay put. Every Stax I have owned for the last thirty-four years has suffered the same treatment, but no damage yet. A long extension cable is always present.

I find my new Omega IIs the easiest yet to pull this off with; they stay put no matter what. The system they use, with everything rotatable and the self tightening headband, is very versatile and comfortable on my head, lucky me. Being able to select an angle for the cords independently of everything else is a class act as far as I am concerned.

Clark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back