Do you sleep with your headphones?
Oct 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #31 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranhieu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hd495, hd580, pk1, ad900, k702
and i think most of the guys have slept with their headphones on, at least once

Do you sleep with them regularly, or was it a one night thing? Are they all fine, or did the cords get loose at all?

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #32 of 66
I actually fell completely asleep with my denons on for the first time last week. Started listening to Meddle at 10:30 and woke up at 4:00, thankfully I hadn't squirmed in my sleep.

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #33 of 66
No but I slept with my fire truck when I was 5. My sisters got to take their new dolls to bed and I felt left out. I sit it up on a box, even with my mattress and fell asleep with my hand on the box. The next morning when my eyes opened, there it was, all gleaming with black hoses and two white ladders. Twas a good Holiday.

I do fall asleep often on the couch. Luckily, nothing bad has happened. Just startled awake with whatever was on, usually with my mouth open & drooling and a serious kink in my neck.

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #35 of 66
I do it all the time in my leather La-Z-Boy recliner. Good times!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #36 of 66
Headphones in bed are a bit uncomfortable, unfortunately, that's where I do most of my listening. I have fallen asleep before, though only on accident, and only for a short period of time.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #38 of 66
SR-60i. Every night. Album mode on my D2+, turns off 10 minutes after album is over. I don't like sleeping on my back all the time but I can't switch to put my ear to the pillow so I settle somewhere in between with the part of my head behind my ear on the pillow. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night [3-4am] and put the headphones and music player on the chair next to my bed if I haven't done so already. Often I wake up without having put them on the chair. Sometimes they end up between my back and the bed [they are pretty sturdy and I'm a heavy sleeper]. Sometimes the wire is wrapped a little around my waist or hand but never around my neck, I don't think there are very high chances of being choked in your sleep by a loose cable, imagine all the people who would have died with their bed sheets around their neck.

I discovered this stage of sleep when you are between sleep and awake in which music sounds amazing, almost spiritual. I rarely happens thought and doesn't last more than a few seconds. I don't do drugs but it might be similar to what people feel when listen to music while high.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #39 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0947 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I discovered this stage of sleep when you are between sleep and awake in which music sounds amazing, almost spiritual. I rarely happens thought and doesn't last more than a few seconds. I don't do drugs but it might be similar to what people feel when listen to music while high.

I know what you mean. It's an awesome sensation, euphoric really.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #40 of 66
Yes, I have heard music threw headphones at that stage of sleep. You know in the real world the way of sleeping with speed metal going on at level 7 is a mental achievement. It could even be on a TV show and amaze Americans.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #41 of 66
I mostly listen lying down and occasionally fall asleep while listening// my wife however keeps a portable cd palyer next to her and uses one ear of an earbud to fall asleep. She doesn't ruin that many phones, probably as many cd players from being dumped on the floor.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #42 of 66
i do it once in a long while with my hd595's. but i sorta just drape them sideways over my ear, not really wearing them correctly. i'm nervous like everyone else, lol. get a ipod dock with speakers! the inmotion series from altec lansing work really well for me. battery/plugged in, battery lasts a long time.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #43 of 66
I slept with my neighbour's headphones.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #44 of 66
I like listening to music before going to sleep. After trying different phones and IEMs, I got this neat tube radio with an iPod dock on it. It sounds fantastic even at very low levels. It works as a headphone amp too, so when I'm ready to go to sleep, I just unplug my phones.
This is the radio:
ACOUSTIC RESEARCH RADIO W/ IPOD DOCK BLK NIC - AV100B - Buy.com

For a sleeping earbud, I thought that the JVC FX33/34 were the best for comfort, isolation, and staying in. I preferred my Denon D1001s for relaxing music, but the build quality had me making sure I did not fall asleep with them on for fear of rolling over and breaking them. Ultimately, I think the "tube sound" of the radio adds more than a smidgen of relaxation and sense of comfort to music already written for the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back