Do you sleep with your headphones?
Oct 8, 2009 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Sovelin

100+ Head-Fier
I used to listen to my iPod to go to sleep, and after a couple weeks my iBuds would stop working.

Does anyone here sleep with their headphones on, and has it ever resulted in damaging the headphones? I would love to fall asleep while listening to my DT770.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 66
I'd love to fall asleep listening to my headphones, and I'll definitely lie down and relax listening to them, but I always end up taking them off when I start drifting off. For one thing very few headphones really stay in position comfortably when you're laying down. On ear ones get pushed around on your head, and you can pretty much only lay on your back. I'd also be way too scared to sleep with ear canal headphones in my ears, I'd be worried that I'd roll on the side of my head and push them too far in, or cause the cord to get tugged. Maybe falling asleep with full sized ones works for some people, not me though.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 66
I tried sleeping with my SE530's once. Even then it was uncomfortable at best. I'd rather use speakers at a low listening volume.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 66
I often fall asleep with my Shure E2C's. Aside from waking up with a cord wrapped around me it hasn't done any harm (didn't strangle myself).

I certainly wouldn't risk it with full size cans that were plugged into something bigger than an iPod though.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 66
I like to sleep on my side, so unfortunately full size cans aren't an option.
I do often lay in bed listening for a while, just to relax but if I find myself actually starting to fall asleep, I take them off.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 66
Oh all the time! My favourite is where were both clad in leather, I'm in handcuffs and my headphone autoerotically asphixiates me with its cord while performing fellatio.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #10 of 66
I pretty much have to sleep on my side, so that rules out sleeping with something strapped to the side of my head. I listen to music to relax, and then take off my headphones and go to sleep. I wouldn't want to sleep with IEMs either, because I'd be worried that the tips might stay in my canals when the buds get yanked out in the middle of the night. But maybe that's just paranoia talking.

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #12 of 66
I've slept with earbuds/iems. I wake up with them wrapped around my neck multiple times hmm... lol

I dont think i could sleep with fullsized cans, i've drifted off and then taken them off but yeah... Kinda dodge, i dont trust the build quality of the K701 and the DT770 is too clampy to relax :p lol. I've got some speakers i sometimes leave on with music but... i'm a VERY light sleeper so even relaxing music will wake me up sometimes
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #13 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh all the time! My favourite is where were both clad in leather, I'm in handcuffs and my headphone autoerotically asphixiates me with its cord while performing fellatio.

atsmile.gif

Fell asleep last night in my HA-DX3 by accident. Didn't even notice that I was wearing them instead of using a pillow.

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #14 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like a Zappa song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back