Do Grados Look Ugly? Or Do They Look Cool?
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #62 of 91
Ugly ! yes I agree. But PS and GS 1000 are really good headphones.
I never had the high-end Grados but the entry level SR80i and I think it's pretty amazing for the price ($100 discount price at some point).

For GS/PS, I had many hours auditioning and they surpass LCD and HD800 in some area.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever buy PS at $1700 price tag, maybe for $1000 or low $1000s. :wink:

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #65 of 91
Quote:
Jeez, is anything about Grados *not* love/hate?

i think the looks is nice on the MS2i, but just a little plain on the MS1i, but still looks okay.

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #66 of 91
To me, the entire Grado line is very striking. When you see a one, you know it's Grado.

That is to say I love the looks. I also love the sound. And it being open is a huge plus for public listening. Listening to your surroundings as well as music is very nice. Travel, on the other hand, is a big no-no. Try listening to a Grado on a plane... that would be a sight haha. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #68 of 91
To me, the entire Grado line is very striking. When you see a one, you know it's Grado.

That is to say I love the looks. I also love the sound. And it being open is a huge plus for public listening. Listening to your surroundings as well as music is very nice. Travel, on the other hand, is a big no-no. Try listening to a Grado on a plane... that would be a sight haha. 

That is actually how i feel as well surprisingly, seems to make the music a little more transparent and spaceous.

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #69 of 91
I'm not a fan of the style but their retro look is a nice complement to a collection.

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #71 of 91
Quote:
Lol well of course not, look at that color selection... XD

Tbh, I think that the some of the Fanny Wang knock-offs look even better than the beat headphones, though...

(Took this off an older thread) They look pretty okay on Mr. John Mayer's head with the shades and with the beanie... I'm not so sure otherwise :p

350x250px-LL-02ce918c_mayergrado.jpeg

To me it looks like he's got a thick wooden pole through his head.

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #72 of 91
Way more appealing than the ordinary and mundane postmodern minimalist **** design of the beats line, or the trashy modern gypsy looks of the Vmoda's, etc. Grado, with their effortless art deco design, have some of the most fashionable cans you can encounter. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #75 of 91
I've seen a lot of people around my university wearing low end Grados (sr 60s or 80s).  Every one of them can in some way be associated to the stereotype of "hipster."  lol.  Well I guess when everyone is wearing Beats and you wear a open back, home-grown phone out into the public it does make you not mainstream.  Doesn't make you any smarter though.  But yes I think they are excessively ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back