Do Grados Look Ugly? Or Do They Look Cool?
Feb 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

itshot

100+ Head-Fier
So yeah, I'm curious as what you people think about the styling of the Grado headphones nowadays. For instance, would you wear them in public going by looks/presentability?

Personally, I wouldn't have a issue with wearing them in public (ignoring the open back/isolation issue) only if it is of the older SR models that had lower profile/flush cups. For me at least, the whole retro-ish look kinda works.

I'd like to hear what y'all have to say. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 91
They look great but they are definitely retro.  Sound over fashion.

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 91
Afraid it's not only look, the whole construction is dated like 19th century radio phones, not to mention special (you need more treble for your aging ears) sound signature.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 91
I like how they look! It's something unique and you can't find it anywhere but my brother hated it which I have no idea why! Grados also though me that things don't have to look glossy and modern to look cool! So thanks Grado!

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 91
Grado with Magnum cups, they look great. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #12 of 91
The plastic cups look super cheap, the metallic/wooden cups have a small sense of class just because material, but generally they look kind of goofy.

The only one I would buy is the Goldie 325's. Because gold.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #13 of 91
the one with jumbo pads look badass, its silver too

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #15 of 91
Quote:
I would have to agree with you. It does look a bit dated. I personally think that they look kind of cheap :X

They feel the same, I owned MS2i at some point, sound wasn't that bad, but they felt flimsy and uncomfortable as hell, and one driver started distorting in a week, so it wasn't just look that was cheap, assembly and soldering as well. I am really surprised this company is still in business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back