Do Grados Look Ugly? Or Do They Look Cool?
Mar 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #76 of 91
Quote:
So yeah, I'm curious as what you people think about the styling of the Grado headphones nowadays. For instance, would you wear them in public going by looks/presentability?

Personally, I wouldn't have a issue with wearing them in public (ignoring the open back/isolation issue) only if it is of the older SR models that had lower profile/flush cups. For me at least, the whole retro-ish look kinda works.

I'd like to hear what y'all have to say. 
smily_headphones1.gif

They look cool to me. I think they measure poorly though.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #77 of 91
Now had anyone questioned thia before, which looks better to you, grado line or alessandro line?

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #81 of 91
I'm not thrilled with the button on the Grado grills either, thats why I kept my Alessandro cups when I traded my MS2i's for my friends Grado 325is's. He didn't mind,, so we just switched the drivers out. (They were both new).

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #82 of 91
Quote:
They look cool to me. I think they measure poorly though.

They measure poorly, but they sound great, go figure
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #83 of 91
This is just my opinion, but I think both Grados and Portapros look cool, and I'd wear them in public no prob, but then I prefer vintage-looking headphones like Grados or Portapros, or MDR-V6s/7506s, over Beats, Souls, or Skullcandies anyways.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #84 of 91
  This is just my opinion, but I think both Grados and Portapros look cool, and I'd wear them in public no prob, but then I prefer vintage-looking headphones like Grados or Portapros, or MDR-V6s/7506s, over Beats, Souls, or Skullcandies anyways.

Kind of like an Ariel Atom V8 or F1 car against some tuner car with tons of speakers and neons with LED dotted rims.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #85 of 91
Gs1000 is one of my favourite looking headphone so I must say that I like the looks :)

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #86 of 91
Grado earcups are gorgeous, I'm not fan of the slider or headband personally though. I've yet to hear a high end Grado yet. I should be buying a Alessandro MS Pro in the next 2-3 months to do a distancer modification for.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #87 of 91
Rather liked the slider, as one could adjust the tightness without removing the headphones. But then the cups are more prone to detaching compared to other models. One side of my MS1i came off after two months.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #88 of 91
I find them rather pleasing aesthetically, especially the woody varietys.  Though if you look in a mirror while wearing them you find you look rather ridiculous.

@Saren you are a braver man than me to take a scalpel to a pair of Ms-Pros
blink.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #89 of 91
Kind of like an Ariel Atom V8 or F1 car against some tuner car with tons of speakers and neons with LED dotted rims.

Or an'86 or '93 Century with a turbo 3800 or 3300 V6 and exhaust headers with Cherrybombs, and an upgraded suspension and front transaxle, whose exterior has been left stock, against a fartcanned Civic with a NA 4-banger and stock front transaxle, and an ugly-looking bodykit, and a huge wing on the back.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #90 of 91

Or an'86 or '93 Century with a turbo 3800 or 3300 V6 and exhaust headers with Cherrybombs, and an upgraded suspension and front transaxle, whose exterior has been left stock, against a fartcanned Civic with a NA 4-banger and stock front transaxle, and an ugly-looking bodykit, and a huge wing on the back.

makes me think of this
 &

Users who are viewing this thread

Back