DNA Sonett Review
Oct 20, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #199 of 661
I really enjoyed the LCD-2 out of the Sonett as well.

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #201 of 661
[size=x-small]Design features include: [/size]
[size=x-small]• Purist class A single ended triode design featuring the 6H30 Supertube[/size]
[size=x-small]Transformer loaded output - custom made to DNA's specifications in the USA [/size]
[size=x-small]• No coupling capacitors or cathode followers in the signal path
[/size]

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #202 of 661
yes, frank, the sonett is transformer coupled.  but, it has 120 ohm output setting, which closely resembles OTL...
i bought it hoping to drive the T1s with it.  but find that it doesn't have quite as much power as i had hoped.
hower, it is excellent with some of my other headphones...

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #203 of 661

Quote:
yes, frank, the sonett is transformer coupled.  but, it has 120 ohm output setting, which closely resembles OTL...
i bought it hoping to drive the T1s with it.  but find that it doesn't have quite as much power as i had hoped.
hower, it is excellent with some of my other headphones...

The T1 and CSP-2 is magical and it plays the LCD2 well on everything except demanding classical at loud levels it has clipped. I am starting to think that the SS powerful amps would be best suited with wattage but the Little Dot should be able to handle the LCD2 because of power. The other alternative would be to go with a speaker  amp with a headphone input on rear like the Decware Taboo its 6W transformer amp with the 84 tubes but little too out of my budget right now. PS audio had very weak bass and dynamics were not the best either for demanding music.

Oct 22, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #204 of 661
Anyone knows the e-mail of dnaudio.com?. 
   I've submitted several e-mails to info@dnaudio.com but I get all them returned, as if the address does not exist. 

Oct 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #206 of 661
Thanks,  I submitted an e-mail to this address. But, where did you get it?. It is not in the official Donalds page.

Oct 23, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #207 of 661

Quote:
Thanks,  I submitted an e-mail to this address. But, where did you get it?. It is not in the official Donalds page.

I received your mail. djnorth@earthlink.net is my long-time personal e-mail address. I'm surprised my info@dnaudio.com website address didn't work for you. I have it set to automatically forward to my earthlink account.

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #209 of 661
I have compared balanced Sonett to a maxxed WA6 driving HD800.  I did not use the stock tubes at all, Sonett with Mullard GZ34 and DR, WA6 with Sophia and 6FD7.  Using those combos, I prefer the Sonett.  It is more dynamic and better bass extensions.  The Woo have slight edge on female vocal but not by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back