DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #9,841 of 16,312
Quote:
Where do you get clear Tech-flex?!?!
I've been looking EVERYWHERE and can't find it.

It took me a while to remind where I had bought it but AFAIR it was from qcables. It looks nice however is stiff so I don't recommend it over earphone cables. I still have some of it. Next time shoot me a PM :wink:

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #9,843 of 16,312
Beautiful 
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #9,844 of 16,312
Revisiting a cable I made a couple months ago...

...the plug started failing and had to be replaced. So, since the cable was going to be headless for a little while anyway, I took the opportunity to braid it the way I'd meant to initially.

Don't mind the green tarnish; sic transit gloria clear insulator.

The cable's much more compliant now; since the braid is tighter and neater the cable bends -- or resists bending, depending on how you think about it -- in a more predictable uniform way. There's one minor downside -- the cable is shorter -- and one major downside -- the cable noise is significantly worse now. I had not expected the extent to which it'd become this much more noticeable, and it's a little problematic when combined with how much shorter it is.

I'd put it in a nylon sleeve, but that would mean removing the plug and unbraiding and rebraiding everything for a third time, and I'm more of a mind at the moment to move on to the next project.

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #9,845 of 16,312
Ok, since my last shot of pictures that I posted of my balanced Crystal Piccolino cable for my LCD2's weren't quite up to my expectations, I decided to re-mod it to make it more aesthetically appealing, so I took off the original Neutrik mini XLR ends and re-terminated it with some of my own favourite no named silver matching mini XLR's, plus some other modifications done to the cable overall as well.

LCD2's:

Here's my modded Fischer Audio FA-011's, some of you might've seen it completely dissembled in the LFF review thread, well here they are now, dual entry balanced cable using Canare 456 speaker cable. (The wooden housing isn't exactly purple but dark red/burgundy IRL, all pictures were night shots).

Schiit loads of pictures coming soon.

Very best,

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #9,848 of 16,312
Is Canare Star Quad still considered good cable? It's been a while since I've recabled some phones, and I'm looking to recable my ATH-ESW9s. I just ordered a ViaBlue T6s 1/8" Jack and a SC2 splitter. I've got some left over StarQuad L46ES that I'm gonna use.

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #9,852 of 16,312
Quote:
Ok, since my last shot of pictures that I posted of my balanced Crystal Piccolino cable for my LCD2's weren't quite up to my expectations, I decided to re-mod it to make it more aesthetically appealing, so I took off the original Neutrik mini XLR ends and re-terminated it with some of my own favourite no named silver matching mini XLR's, plus some other modifications done to the cable overall as well.

Your description needs photos!

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #9,854 of 16,312
Quote:

Still no pictures.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #9,855 of 16,312
My latest work, doing a mod and recable on a fellow head-fier's Denons, will post another picture when it's soldered on!

Viablue 3.5mm (mini version)/Toxic Cables UP OCC/Viablue Y-split

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back