DIY Cable Gallery!!
Nov 5, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #3,361 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Punnisher: Excellent work. That is extremely low profile. Must make carrying an amp around so much easier. The one thing that puts me off a portable amp is the size of LODs.

I wonder if its possible to make a totally rigid LOD? If the jack was connected directly to the iPod connector it would possibly make it all more solid/rigid. Ive been trying to think of how it would be done, extremely fiddly for one!

Qusp has been making LODs out of an epoxy putty material. I bet you could that to do what you have in mind. Maybe he can provide his opinion since he's worked with the material more.

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #3,362 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Qusp has been making LODs out of an epoxy putty material. I bet you could that to do what you have in mind. Maybe he can provide his opinion since he's worked with the material more.

yep totally doable in fact i've already started on one. of course you would have to make one for each rig/combo you have because there's no give whatsoever. but as far as the strength concerns; yes its def strong enough.. also got something else along those lines that i'm gonna drop on this thread in a couple of weeks
biggrin.gif

and Zephyr that wasn't your idea or punnishers the first one of those I saw was made by hans from QABLES if i'm wrong punnisher I appoligize but I remember seeing a thread where Hans donated one like that to someone that had been posting about the possibility of it. Hans said he'd have a go because it was interesting.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #3,363 of 16,309
Hmmmm, a few questions for my first Mini-Mini and potential ESW9 recable.

I think i'm gonna go for the Mogami Mini Starquad, but what size Techflex should I use for it?

Also, anyone have any good pics of white cable / white techflex, or maybe even red cable / carbon techflex? Trying to decide which color combo I want as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #3,364 of 16,309
heres a few options; I dont use any pre-made cable all braids heres some options though may as well post these I havent posted in a while
jena with black techflex and neutrik mini
_J_sLODpicsmall.jpg

jena and cryo silver with clear techflex and switchcraft mini
jenaandcryosilverLOD6wirebraidsmall.jpg

jena and cryo silver with carbon techflex and silver switchcraft mini
wickedsilverjena.jpg

low profile with jester techflex
lowprofileepoxytopweb.jpg

just got some cool new colours but havent made anything yet

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #3,368 of 16,309
why ridax??? they used to have a larger range but not anymore. qables is cheaper, has a better range (doesn't have the female connector though) quicker service and shipping. and cheaper overall. the docks there are 20c cheaper at least and the large type ones have just come down to $1.60. not as cheap if you live in europe because of VAT but anywhere else; no contest

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #3,369 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why ridax??? they used to have a larger range but not anymore. qables is cheaper, has a better range (doesn't have the female connector though) quicker service and shipping. and cheaper overall. the docks there are 20c cheaper at least and the large type ones have just come down to $1.60. not as cheap if you live in europe because of VAT but anywhere else; no contest

thin2bl.jpg

If only Hans sold those. I would buy them. Lol. Slim LOD connector with protruding buttons! I like.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #3,370 of 16,309
you are truly a strange man myles IMO thats the ugliest dock ever made. its the only one that i've never ordered. I dont like the weird inset cable opening

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #3,371 of 16,309
Quote:

you are truly a strange man myles IMO thats the ugliest dock ever made. its the only one that i've never ordered. I dont like the weird inset cable opening

LOD's don't need to look nice.
tongue.gif
I'd choose ease of use over looks for an LOD anytime!

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #3,372 of 16,309
are the buttons too hard for you to push
tongue.gif
difficult i know

my favorite LOD has the buttons removed. ie. low profile

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #3,373 of 16,309
Quote:

I actually don't recall why I chose Ridax, but that's who I ordered from in the past. I've never reevaluated since the first order. For me, the worst part of DIY is sourcing parts and materials. I do a lot of research the first time I look for something, but then I make a bookmark and that's the end of it for that item :p

Granted, I'm not defending this practice, but that's what happens when you're lazy like me
wink_face.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #3,375 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...........the worst part of DIY is sourcing parts and materials.............

x2 absolutely but it helps me keep abreast of things.

Quote:

I do a lot of research the first time I look for something, but then I make a bookmark and that's the end of it for that item :p

fair enough
biggrin.gif

[/QUOTE]Granted, I'm not defending this practice, but that's what happens when you're lazy like me
wink_face.gif
[/QUOTE]

I understand
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back