DIY Cable Gallery!!
Oct 31, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #3,346 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the 'Legenburg' wire?

I thought about it but it seems to me that it might be difficult to use for cables given the non-uniform cross section. I can imagine it being hard to even make a twisted pair out of it. I may order some at some point anyway, just cause I'm a glutton for punishment.

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #3,347 of 16,312
I was thinking of it more as hookup wire, which begs the question of why I posted it in this thread to begin with... but if it works for IC's as well, that would be nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you do try it out, let me know what you think.

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #3,351 of 16,312
Nov 5, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #3,353 of 16,312
I built an extension cable to go from my new amp to my headphones.
im000378rrg2.jpg

None of my headphone cables reach from the amp to my chair. I could not justify chopping up a perfectly good grado extension cable to make a balanced extension, so I used some canare starquad I had about. The cable was actually recycled from my balanced sr-125's.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #3,354 of 16,312
WOW these look amazing...

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #3,355 of 16,312
@Punnisher: Excellent work. That is extremely low profile. Must make carrying an amp around so much easier. The one thing that puts me off a portable amp is the size of LODs.

I wonder if its possible to make a totally rigid LOD? If the jack was connected directly to the iPod connector it would possibly make it all more solid/rigid. Ive been trying to think of how it would be done, extremely fiddly for one!

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #3,357 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Team 4-pin FTW!

biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #3,358 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, a photo of the new Mini-RCA cable I made for somebody on the forum, just because I love how it looks. Canare F-12 Mini and Eichmann Copper Bullets, F-12 seems to be the only plug that fits 4x 18awg Jena cable, the 35HD's are hard to use especially for the ground, damn fat cable, pain in the butt to work with. If it didn't sound so nice, I'd never use it again......

you can use the 35HD but you just have to start with the mini ie. solder all the jena to the terminals on the mini fill with hot glue screw the case on and THEN braid the cable thats what I always do for LOD's if you start braiding the cable befoire the hot glue solidifies you can still gtet a nice tight braid happening

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #3,359 of 16,312
redface.gif
^ oops double post

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #3,360 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a new lod design for you all.

I didn't have enough room to make much of a braid, sorry!

lolod.jpg

lolod2.jpg

Oh dangit Punnisher you stole my idea!!!!!
frown.gif

Lol. Nah. Jk. I was planning to make something similar to that after my exams but mine would have a slight variation, enabling you to use the LOD if the input jack was either in the middle or to the left. Nevertheless, very nice work indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back