DIY Cable Gallery!!
Oct 29, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #3,331 of 16,312
Has anyone had any encounters with this cable?? would look great with some nice clear techflex and plugs. will look like a snake.

2984930454_ee71348173.jpg

This serious speaker cable from Yarbo, is made up of 16 platted wires, each wire is oxygen free high grade copper wire, wrapped in silver plated copper wire and all sheathed in high density PE braiding. Solder up the silver plated copper wire to the inner copper wire. This mixed provides excellent sound reproduction, controlled bass and sweet mids and trebles. 4 colours great for Bi-wiring. Outer diameter 16mm. Sold in multiples of 1 metre.
PRICE
1m (mono) £18.00+vat+p&p

2984930502_e957ca352a_o.gif

2984074877_9af43f11c4.jpg

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #3,332 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the Mogami? And does it have a chance against the Jena? A couple of pages back Lil' Knight said his Mogami was 'on par, maybe even better' than his Vampire..

Uhm... how do I like it... I just like it, it's a great cable.

Does it have a chance against Jena, I like it, I'm keeping it. Jena will be there as well, at least until I need to raise funds for other projects. I still have an Oehlbach cable and RAL CryoSilver. Right now, I'm listening to nothing but Jena (more burn-in and laziness than anything else), but switching to the Mogami, I don't think I'll be letting it go anytime soon.

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #3,334 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhm... how do I like it... I just like it, it's a great cable.

Does it have a chance against Jena, I like it, I'm keeping it. Jena will be there as well, at least until I need to raise funds for other projects. I still have an Oehlbach cable and RAL CryoSilver. Right now, I'm listening to nothing but Jena (more burn-in and laziness than anything else), but switching to the Mogami, I don't think I'll be letting it go anytime soon.

The Jena definitely has its stand. So far it's the best wire I've ever tried, despite its market hype.
The Mogami is also very good indeed. When I listening to it, just thinking how much it costs makes me happy
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #3,336 of 16,312
Nice sleeving there, FallenAngel, I have some sexy yellow techflex on its way from the states for my MDR-V700DJs who are getting a pretty new cable in the next couple of weeks.

Where do you guys get the mogami cable? I can't find anywhere that sells it around these parts. The other brands (especially belden) are easy to come by over here but the good stuff it hard to find
frown.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #3,337 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice sleeving there, FallenAngel, I have some sexy yellow techflex on its way from the states for my MDR-V700DJs who are getting a pretty new cable in the next couple of weeks.

Where do you guys get the mogami cable? I can't find anywhere that sells it around these parts. The other brands (especially belden) are easy to come by over here but the good stuff it hard to find
frown.gif

Thanks, the sleeving is actually not my top choice, whenever possible, I use nylon multifilament. I just got this cable already sleeved and it looks cool, so I kept it.

Mogami 2534: Redco Audio @ $0.91/ft. I'll likely be ordering from there again shortly, if you want some, I can buy more and send it to you; I hear international shipping from a lot of these guys is very overpriced.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #3,338 of 16,312
Quote:

Thanks, the sleeving is actually not my top choice, whenever possible, I use nylon multifilament. I just got this cable already sleeved and it looks cool, so I kept it.

Mogami 2534: Redco Audio @ $0.91/ft. I'll likely be ordering from there again shortly, if you want some, I can buy more and send it to you; I hear international shipping from a lot of these guys is very overpriced.

Yeah I heard nylon multifilament is less microphonic but, of course, I have no idea where to get it in my little corner of the globe
tongue_smile.gif

That'd be great, actually, cuz I am putting a sound system in my car and would rather use this than commercial crappy RCAs so I'll measure up and PM you about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #3,339 of 16,312
This is the cheapest mogami I've seen.

http://www.studiowiring.com/mogami.html

I don't know how reputable this place is, but they quoted me 12$ shipping on 100' mogami 2549 ($.60/ft) and 25' mogami 2534 ($.80/ft). I didn't actually buy it though. I just got some generic stuff local.

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #3,343 of 16,312
To toss another headphone cable in the mix, here is a Mogami cable for Ultrasone headphones. I had a pair of Proline 750 that I hard-wire recabled and couldn't find a use for the two stock cables it came with. Here is one of the connectors put to use.

Now I just have to find another pair of Ultrasone Proline 750's to test it with.
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #3,344 of 16,312
Quote:

Here is a photo of the very plain looking but great sounding Mogami 2534 Sennheiser cable. As usual; Cardas Senneheiser connectors and Neutrik 4-pin XLR (I really love this connector, reterminated all of my headphones with 4-pin XLR - I think it looks a lot better than 3-pin XLRs).

I notice you use sleeving on the leads to the headphone (after the Y-split). I found the conductors to be pretty thin when I compare it to the 6mm with shield etc. What size sleeving is that and did you fill it up in any way? I'm thinking of sleeving the leads, rather than heatshrinking for my DT880. A bit like headphile's Beyers.

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #3,345 of 16,312
Has anyone tried the 'Legenburg' wire? I was browsing TakeFiveAudio and considering the Neotech that everyone seems to love and came across this. It comes in 20, 22 and 24 AWG and has similar stats as the teflon Neotech wire, but it slightly more expensive. The only difference being that it is rectangular and mono-crystal.

This is what they say about it: "Legenburg MCRPC (Mono-Crystal Rectangular Pure Copper) hookup wire uses a rectangular, high purity copper (99.99998%), solid core conductor which has been continuous cast and insulated with Teflon FEP. These wires, because of the casting process have a crystal length of approximately 125 meters. When the conductor resistance rises, the high frequency signals tend to concentrate on the conductors surface, this is known as skin effect. Generally, stranded conductors consisting of very thin wires is considered to be good for reducing the skin effect. However, when both the stranded and solid, single wire conductors are compared, the rising curve of conductor resistance is subtler than stranded wires. The rectangular construction of these wires can virtually minimize the "skin effect" to zero."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back