DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jun 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #13,711 of 16,309
Such nice cables.
The balanced, woody SR225 is a real treat to look at as well as Arty McGhee's portapro.

My HD25's custom cable finally started giving out in the right side after a few years of heavy use, it seems, or maybe something else went wrong so I built a new cable.

Damn does the heatshrink job look awful, I've lost my touch after going for so long without building anything.  It looks a little worse in person than in this photo, so I'll post it anyway.  =p

I built a new Nucleotide cable with DHC's new Elite Minis to try them out.  They were a tight fit and I'm slightly worried about the quality versus the bulky older version due to the contacts being a pinch crooked.  The heatshrink job looks far worse in the photo that I took than in person, so no show, lol.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #13,712 of 16,309
Really? Hm, I LOVE the DHC Elite Minis.. Slim and easy to use. Not the easiest to solder, but I'll take it over a bulky connector.

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #13,713 of 16,309
New cable for my LCD2, made from Mogami 2534 internals and Neutrik plugs

Close up
:
Hey, nice job. I've made a couple of cables using the same internals from the mogami 2534 but felt they were a bit stiff and very microphonic. Eventually used them for interconnects rather than headphones. Wondering what your impressions are.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #13,714 of 16,309
  New cable for my LCD2, made from Mogami 2534 internals and Neutrik plugs

Close up
:

Nice ! how come the cables are in all same transparent ? I also have Mogami 2534 but they have 4 diff colors (blue, white, black and transparent.)
Did you just use the transparent cable ?

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #13,715 of 16,309
I braided the strands quite loose, so the cable isn't very stiff.
No problem with mircofonics so far - but depends on the phones I think.

Concerning the transparent wires:
My cable had 2 transparent and 2 blue conductors - just used the transparent ones of course.

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #13,716 of 16,309
I braided the strands quite loose, so the cable isn't very stiff.
No problem with mircofonics so far - but depends on the phones I think.

Concerning the transparent wires:
My cable had 2 transparent and 2 blue conductors - just used the transparent ones of course.
Yeah, same here. My 2534 has two blue and two transparent.

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #13,717 of 16,309
Some awesome cables in here guys!
Thought ild have a shot at making some speaker jumpers and my first go at braiding......

Nothing special no solder, not really high quality cable but I like them, And I have noticed slightly more highs adding a little more detail.

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #13,718 of 16,309
Some awesome cables in here guys!
Thought ild have a shot at making some speaker jumpers and my first go at braiding......

Nothing special no solder, not really high quality cable but I like them, And I have noticed slightly more highs adding a little more detail.

wow, lots of work for jumpers! nice! my jumpers are just a single cable with bare wire connecting the posts. man, you embarrassed me. now i'm going to have to go and make some new jumpers... :)

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #13,719 of 16,309
Awesome! Thank you and make sure you put some pics up.
I mainly did it out of boredom....

Being a full time carer, when I get quiet times and I'm not listening to my music, my mind wanders to
The many projects and ideas in my head lol.

I really do need to learn how to solder properly, and I need a decent iron and some materials to play around with.

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #13,721 of 16,309
here's a portable cable for the hifiman he-series headphones. had some hifiman connectors around so i thought it would be a good project...don't know that the he-series headphones are portable (in fact, i know they're not portable), but maybe someone will want a short, light, and thin cable for portable purposes...

silver plated copper and teflon coated wire, litz braid, with switchcraft 1/8" plug.

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #13,722 of 16,309
Awesome! Thank you and make sure you put some pics up.
I mainly did it out of boredom....

Being a full time carer, when I get quiet times and I'm not listening to my music, my mind wanders to
The many projects and ideas in my head lol.

I really do need to learn how to solder properly, and I need a decent iron and some materials to play around with.

don't fear the solder
my hands shake and my eyes aren't great
just use a 3rd hand to clamp everything 

get some cheaper materials and and some inexpensive cans
and practice practice practice
i started out to make some sturdy inexpensive cables and now
i'm finding it to be a relaxing hobby

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #13,725 of 16,309
rewired bike helmet
for the 3rd time
cable stripped from mogami 2799
drivers from koss titanium (10 bucks amazon)
shortened neutrik right angle plugs
attached E6 with velcro

finally sounds good with no distortion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back