DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #13,741 of 16,306
The individual 10 AWG however didn't fit into the IEC plug, so I had to trim it down a little.

With the Wattgate connectors, you can take out one of the black strain relief rings and the thick wire will fit fine, they did this by design, but it's not so easy to figure it out!

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #13,742 of 16,306
With the Wattgate connectors, you can take out one of the black strain relief rings and the thick wire will fit fine, they did this by design, but it's not so easy to figure it out!

That I figured pretty quickly, to get the full cable into the rear of the plug was not the issue.
The 3 individual wires didn't fit into the 3 terminal openings inside the IEC plug. Just a few strands had to be trimmed away.

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #13,743 of 16,306
That I figured pretty quickly, to get the full cable into the rear of the plug was not the issue.
The 3 individual wires didn't fit into the 3 terminal openings inside the IEC plug. Just a few strands had to be trimmed away.

Oh I see! I don't remember having that issue myself, but it's been a while since I did them!

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #13,744 of 16,306
Just finished these 18cm RCA cables tonight.
Techflex Reflex Carbon Fiber Sleeving, HGA IC-3 silver wire braid, LOK Rhodium RCA's, with a touch of Cardas Quadeutectic solder.
RCA1.jpg

RCA2.jpg

I know I am post necro-ing HARD here...but by damn these are some of the best looking connector's I've seen.

Thanks for the guys posting their cable creations - always nice to look at :)

Do you guys know of other good looking RCA connectors? Or any connectors really. Just speaking for a "wow that looks good" perspective.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #13,745 of 16,306
  I know I am post necro-ing HARD here...but by damn these are some of the best looking connector's I've seen.

Thanks for the guys posting their cable creations - always nice to look at :)

Do you guys know of other good looking RCA connectors? Or any connectors really. Just speaking for a "wow that looks good" perspective.

I like the ones that coated/pure copper without any plating on them.  You can find them on ebay and I love the look of the bare copper.  Can't tell you if they are legit or not but they look fantastic in my opinion.  Also the furutech connectors look stunning too.  When you first get them out of the box they feel premium and look it too.  I don't think pictures do them justice.  

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #13,746 of 16,306
Just got my ES10 in the mail yesterday, they didn't last long without being recabled. I have a problem, I can't keep stock cables on headphones. It's just Mogami sleeved in type 1 paracord, but it's pretty :)

You can actually see the red and blue through the paracord a little, but that isn't really a bad thing.

Oh, and it's impossible to take pictures of the ES10 without capturing the reflection of baby toys and doorways behind you. Oh and when you have a 7 month old, there are toys everywhere. Yeah.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #13,747 of 16,306
  Just got my ES10 in the mail yesterday, they didn't last long without being recabled. I have a problem, I can't keep stock cables on headphones. It's just Mogami sleeved in type 1 paracord, but it's pretty :)

Top Notch!
Excellent work as always!

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #13,748 of 16,306
These aren't wired as balanced, I just connected the mic pin and the ground together, that way they'll work whether they're used with a droid or an idevice. I heard that they're sometimes switched? Anyway, I used that connector because that and some Reans were all I had on hand and I didn't want to wait until after my vacation to recable them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #13,749 of 16,306

You can actually see the red and blue through the paracord a little, but that isn't really a bad thing.

I actually really like seeing the red and blue! That looks great!

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #13,750 of 16,306
I just made this little devil for a headfier. What a pain, the section between the heat shrink tubings is like 3/4" long. I used BTG Audio's 26awg copper and silver plated copper inside it.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #13,751 of 16,306
  I just made this little devil for a headfier. What a pain, the section between the heat shrink tubings is like 3/4" long. I used BTG Audio's 26awg copper and silver plated copper inside it.

They really are a pain when you get them that small. 

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #13,753 of 16,306
Yeah the distance between the connectors is smaller than a SwitchCraft mini plugs barrel. Lmao

I think the worst part is keeping the sleeving out of the way while soldering the second plug. Such a PITA.

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #13,754 of 16,306

Very nice
I've found shortening the nuetriks like that works very well
It's my favorite style of interconnect about a small and useful as it gets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back