DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #6,976 of 16,306
why is that? does it affect the sq?

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #6,977 of 16,306
I've got a question for y'all: I want to make a 3.5mm splitter and I'm curious as to the best way to go about this?

one idea I had was to make it like so:

Y
||
||
|//
||
||

see the 'branch' in the middle? I was thinking of having that in that location and having the other jack more or less at the top. 

would my best bet be to use 4 conductor signal cable and have lines 1 and 3 (meaning 1 and 3 would be, say, the L channel from the respective jacks) soldered together on one contact at the main plug? and likewise for lines 2, 4?

Thoughts on this? would that be more difficulty than it's worth to make it like a tree/branching-style?

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #6,979 of 16,306
What a terrific job, I love that headphone and the only con is the lenghty cable, havent found a better bang for the buck in that price range. your work on it makes me want to retake mines and do the same, you even recabled the part from cup - headband - cup!

kudos!
Very nice work Brendan,

I have been itching to recable my V6 too but it would be a such as waste of the existing one. I wish the wear/tear process came quicker!

Thanks guys, if you do I'd advise you take your time. It's easy to screw up (believe me!).

Brendan

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #6,980 of 16,306
The switchcraft plugs stay in place very well even with my fiio e5 in-line, so weight is not an issue, and the 6.0 OD cable with nylon on top is very strong, still very flexible and never gets twisted/knotted, IMO I actually prefer it to the 4.0 OD cable that I was previously using, for both on the go and at home.

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #6,981 of 16,306

Quote:
Left Handed USB to Ultra Small Ipod dock (soldering was a bitch) - The USB was a generic extension cable but now works with my CLAS rig.

A right-angled USB plug, cool! I've never seen one, did it come like that or did you make that hood yourself?

Jul 22, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #6,982 of 16,306
Cheers!

Well the thought was mine at least. I'll post a pic in a bit of how/why it works with my CLAS rig, having the right angle really shortens the overall length of my rig by quite a bit which means I can fit it in a really neat cam bag.

The cable started out as a 20cm right angled usb extension, so I chopped it down and fitted the ultra small ipod dock. Like I said I'll post a pic and all will become clear....

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #6,989 of 16,306

Quote:
You carry that brick around?

Me and many other like me who don't substitute SQ on the go
biggrin.gif
 It goes in a despatch bag so it's no big deal really....

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #6,990 of 16,306
Looks nice Spud.. Very tight

How does the stepdance compare to the ibasso? Big difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back