DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #6,871 of 16,306
I ment nylon one. It's the whole different story...

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #6,872 of 16,306

Quote:
I ment nylon one. It's the whole different story...

If you happen to be pushing multiple wires through, ever tried wrapping all the tips together so you're pushing a bundle instead of pushing four connectors?

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #6,874 of 16,306
where do you get them? the only place ive seen is amazon and there like 50$

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #6,875 of 16,306
@ parrots - hmm.. thats funny cause i just got some viablue's and thought they seemed smaller than i had anticipated... I wonder if i got the new small ones..oops, just saw your update.. im gonna give that a probably yes.
here's a frame of reference.. they are not the size of the neutrik/rean but they are close.

my goodness the old viablue's were huge... that calrad is a monster too.. almost as big as my clip plus.

cant wait until i get my jh3A so i can actually start making some damn cables again.

Gee.. actually maybe i do have the big ones... imahavta get me somadem small ones too!
here's where i get mine.. cheapest i've ever seen. http://www.av-outlet.com/index.html?target=dept_470.html&lang=en-us

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #6,882 of 16,306

Quote:
User Monoethylene made this one for me, he has posted in this thread before.
Mogami 2893, Neutrik NP3X-B, Cardas Senn plug, Viablue Black sleeve

I'm happy. now just learn to do this myself :)

That is a sexy wrap!!!

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #6,884 of 16,306

Quote:
what a pro looking cable ^

I am about to use some cardas senn plug to finish a HD25 cable, do you guys use any kind of hot glue inside after soldering the cables, epoxy or is heatshrink enough?

hot glue is too messy.. i use putty epoxy.. that way i can mold it precisely, and it drys rock hard.  i like putting it all around the joints and wires so that the whole inside of the plug is encased.. stellar strain releif.. 

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #6,885 of 16,306
Thanks, I have that kind of spoxy, what scares me is that If the cable screws up I wont be abble to reuse those plugs, and I am not very happy with the way the cable look, nylon sleeve can be too shiny and the mate of the HD25 plastic creates a noticiable contradiction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back