DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #6,901 of 16,305
^^GREAT  wire from this guy.

sorry, heres a link directly to the wire -

I bought 100ft a while back via paypal.

its 65 strand 26awg silicone sheathed and its dirt cheap as you can see.

my logic is that even if the gauge is too thin for you, the wire is SUPER flexible and very strong and you could always just double it up to make it thicker.

for example, i'm gonna use it to make either some LOD's or Mini to mini's.  I will probably use 4 wires just to give it some girth and allow me to litz briaid it. ill just use 2 ground wires soldered together to get 4 total wires.

i may even do it with 8 wires (doubled L+R and quad ground) to get a double wire litz braid if i feel like getting totally radical.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #6,902 of 16,305
$0.17 per feet, lets say I want a 1.5 m cable, that would be 5 feet times 4 = $3.4 worth of cable 
biggrin.gif

you know what? Im gonna go for it. 50 feet would be more than enough. Thanks.

if they are so flexible, mthe nylon sleeve is to stiff for them.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #6,904 of 16,305
Wouldn't the silicone sheathing be difficult to push through an outer sheath (techflex or nylon multi)? Sounds like it might be kind of "grabby" to me.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #6,905 of 16,305
Quote:
Got some problems with teflex multifilament. Diameter looks OK and cable goes nicely, but after 15 cm it is stuck dead. I already tried talc - the same. I am thinking about oil now... Any tips or get braid of bigger diameter?

All right, I overcame it. I was using improper technique. With nylon you have to push it all the way, making small bubble and then push it through. But if you pull, it might get stuck dead.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #6,907 of 16,305
Nice cables Parrots!  So Viablue finally makes those 4-pin XLRs now.  Where to order these? Thanks

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #6,908 of 16,305
Haha sweet!!! Neutrik 4-pin internal with ViaBlue outer casing?

Quote:

they dont sell those yet, only the 3 pins, i modded them to 4 pin.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #6,909 of 16,305
Parrots, how do you make this barrel-like splitter? What is unde heat shrink?

Jul 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #6,914 of 16,305

Quote:
Thanks and yes the heatshrink makes a big difference if you dont do it right, you should see the amount i waste, as i keep cutting it off and throwing it away till it's perfect otherwise it just makes the cables look ugly, i try not using heatshrink at all where possible.

Thats just the barrel from jacks plugs.

I'm 100% with you on that, the less heatshrink the better, but if you gotta use it then you gotta make it look 100% or it detracts from all your hard work. Anyway you are a craftsman and I'm a fussy bugger believe me. On longer cables (non LOD) I'm also a big fan of Multi-filament over techflex as again it speaks 'Quality'.

Here are some of my LOD's. Especially proud of # 3 real minimalist....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back