DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #6,421 of 16,306

Quote:

A good reminder of why safety glasses are a must when soldering 
eek.gif

I've had burning flux burn several of my eyelashes off before. Not fun. I now wear safety glasses like half the time.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #6,422 of 16,306

Quote:
hahahhaa... i've imagined snagging the cable on the edge of the table or by my foot and sending the hot soldering iron into my eye... i've got a rather morbid imagination =/

anyone here who has made iem cables with westone, jh, style pins/connectors, please tell me where i could purchase some online?

I bought pins to make a UE TF10 cable from www.discovery-global.com in Hong Kong, contact via email MR. Derek Hang. I this this pins fit westone..

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #6,427 of 16,306
Hi!
Im thinking about recabling my beyers dt880pro. I wanted to give a try to jenalabs wire but found it would be too much money total. Then I found such offer on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.pl/Double-Helix-Nucleotide-Stranded-OCC-Copper-Wire-/250782126516?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&

Anyone tried cable from that seller?
Lets say I want to change it only to one earcup as standard. Not symetric. Is it worth in your opinion?
My second question: what do you think of making shorter cable (lets say 1m and connect it to extension cable, noit directly to headamp. Does that affect negative on sound and I shouldnt bother to replace stock cable? Does that make sense only if I recable it directly to headamp connection?

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #6,428 of 16,306
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Hi!
Im thinking about recabling my beyers dt880pro. I wanted to give a try to jenalabs wire but found it would be too much money total. Then I found such offer on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.pl/Double-Helix-Nucleotide-Stranded-OCC-Copper-Wire-/250782126516?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&

Anyone tried cable from that seller?
Lets say I want to change it only to one earcup as standard. Not symetric. Is it worth in your opinion?
My second question: what do you think of making shorter cable (lets say 1m and connect it to extension cable, noit directly to headamp. Does that affect negative on sound and I shouldnt bother to replace stock cable? Does that make sense only if I recable it directly to headamp connection?

Mar 18, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #6,432 of 16,306
I have bought a few pre-made headphone cables from double helix over the years, they are a reliable seller and they have their own website as well. Quality products and quick shipping.

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #6,433 of 16,306

Quote:
I have bought a few pre-made headphone cables from double helix over the years, they are a reliable seller and they have their own website as well. Quality products and quick shipping.

More important would be if there is an improvement in the sound??

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #6,434 of 16,306
thats why Im asking.:) Nice looking headphones are also important instead ofg that black thick spiral cable:) No hurry Im just curious. Those who hear changes due to other cable could also answer abour using shorter cable plugged to extension cable. Anyone tried such thing?

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #6,435 of 16,306
If you really want to change your cable take some cable from Mogami for example and try it. It is cheap and of good technical quality. Concerning a non symmetrical one you have to take into account the improvement of phase shifting due to the longer way your music takes overhead :) :) :) :).

In fact there will be no change in the sound either two sided or one sided connected. Otherwise there will be an effect due to the unbalanced weight when only onesided.

Concerning the extension, my opinion is that you also wont hear any differences if the mechanical connection is good.

btw: what do you want with a cable of 1m only??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back