DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #6,406 of 16,306
There shouldnt be a logical answer to use more than one wire for the ground in this case.. If you are interested, maybe this will help you:

http://www.vandenhul.com/userfiles/docs/Audio_and_Video_Cable+Connector_Wiring_Diagrams_for_DIY_purposes.pdf

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #6,407 of 16,306
Hey guys I really need some help! I just bought 10m of 24awg silver plated copper, and my friend was being very non specific about it being a bad purchase. Could some of you give me an idea of the sonic qualities of silver plated copper? I'm just looking for general sound characteristics before I start on my next project. Thanks!

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #6,409 of 16,306

Quote:
There shouldnt be a logical answer to use more than one wire for the ground in this case.. If you are interested, maybe this will help you:

http://www.vandenhul.com/userfiles/docs/Audio_and_Video_Cable+Connector_Wiring_Diagrams_for_DIY_purposes.pdf

thank you

----------
Would be someone be so kind and post some pics of opened imod lod and which pinouts i need to leave?

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #6,410 of 16,306
god i just had an awful time making this cable today, burnt my fingers when i accidentally held the hot iron rod with my 2 fingers like a pen. i could smell yummy meat sizzling, took me 3 secs to realise they were my fingers..

anyways 2.5mm to 3.5mm triple braid 20 awg copper. its a present to my "in-laws", he uses bose =/

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #6,413 of 16,306

Quote:
ahahaha yes yes..

extremely absent minded of me anyways.. was trying to make the cable under an hour... shouldn't rush a job...

anyways anyone who can help, please answer my question above?

Cables don't "sound like" anything. (waits for the cable supporters to come out)

Nice job on the cables, btw. I have dropped a soldering iron and caught it in midair and burned my fingers really bad.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #6,414 of 16,306
I have dropped a soldering iron and caught it in midair and burned my fingers really bad.

My cramped apartment forces me to work while my cat runs around. Trying to juggle cat and soldering iron is not easy.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #6,416 of 16,306
Quote:
Where does one find good 3.5mm plugs?

Some of the site sponsors carry phone plugs, ranging from high-end Oyaide and ViaBlue to the lower end Neutrik and Canare. Otherwise, a search for 'diy 3.5 mm phone plug' will throw you a ton of resources. If you shop around, you can find the Switchcraft 35HD Series plugs for a reasonable price.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #6,418 of 16,306

Quote:
I did that too...then drop it again!!!

yeah, I still ended up burning a hole in the carpet. 
cool.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #6,420 of 16,306

Quote:
hahahhaa... i've imagined snagging the cable on the edge of the table or by my foot and sending the hot soldering iron into my eye... i've got a rather morbid imagination =/

A good reminder of why safety glasses are a must when soldering 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back