Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Aug 11, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #421 of 569
To my ears the Tia Fourte just has a much bigger, richer, and textured sound. More realistic and organic sounding, and more musical. It is a little darker though, so that could be percieved as a + or a -. I have over 200 hours on the Dream. I think the Dream has a great price performance ratio compared to the other TOTL's. My Fourte's cost twice as much as the dream, they are not twice as good, but they are definately quite a bit better.

The other reason is that I have tinnitus in one ear, and the Dream doesn't have any hearing tech so the tinnitus flares up more.

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #422 of 569
double post - don't know how to delete

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #423 of 569
To my ears the Tia Fourte just has a much bigger, richer, and textured sound. More realistic and organic sounding, and more musical. It is a little darker though, so that could be percieved as a + or a -. I have over 200 hours on the Dream. I think the Dream has a great price performance ratio compared to the other TOTL's. My Fourte's cost twice as much as the dream, they are not twice as good, but they are definately quite a bit better.

The other reason is that I have tinnitus in one ear, and the Dream doesn't have any hearing tech so the tinnitus flares up more.
Thanks! Helpful!

Aug 12, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #424 of 569
I am on the opposite of the spectrum. The Tia Forte wasn't impressive at all, the Layla ii beat it. Not counting the Forte is ugly as hell. I'd say its down to the re-2000, Rhapsodio v1/v2/v3, and Dream. I wasn't impressed by the layla ii, and tia forte. Would take a kse 1500 over the two and choose from the 3.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #425 of 569
The Fourte are ugly, there is no doubt about that. The Dream on the other hand look pretty awesome, especially with my 1z with black Dignis case.

So I have decided to hold onto the Dream at this stage. I tried the blue bore Noble tips with them and the sound and comfort lifted a little. I have been listening to the Dream predominantly over the last few days. In saying that whenever I put the Fourtes' back in my ears I am just like 'wow - ok, that is how music should sound'. The Dream are more forward on the details and it feels like they are trying harder technically to impress me (and I am impressed), the Fourte though seems to just step up to the plate with confidence and delivers a big organic and effortless sound. The Fourte to me sound very different to most other high end iem's I have heard in that they focus less on trying to impress me with the technicalities (which are all still there) and instead just evelops me with an organic and musical sound. The relaxed nature of the Fourte and the cohesiveness of the sound I think could be a bit of a turn-off to some. I actually think the Fourte and Dream do compliment each other, and they both have killer bass which is nice.

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #426 of 569
The Fourte are ugly, there is no doubt about that. The Dream on the other hand look pretty awesome, especially with my 1z with black Dignis case.

So I have decided to hold onto the Dream at this stage. I tried the blue bore Noble tips with them and the sound and comfort lifted a little. I have been listening to the Dream predominantly over the last few days. In saying that whenever I put the Fourtes' back in my ears I am just like 'wow - ok, that is how music should sound'. The Dream are more forward on the details and it feels like they are trying harder technically to impress me (and I am impressed), the Fourte though seems to just step up to the plate with confidence and delivers a big organic and effortless sound. The Fourte to me sound very different to most other high end iem's I have heard in that they focus less on trying to impress me with the technicalities (which are all still there) and instead just evelops me with an organic and musical sound. The relaxed nature of the Fourte and the cohesiveness of the sound I think could be a bit of a turn-off to some. I actually think the Fourte and Dream do compliment each other, and they both have killer bass which is nice.

The blue cored noble tips are superb, I use them on all my IEMs

Aug 16, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #427 of 569
Hadn't heard much about the dream but it's super intriguing to me.

I currently have Utopias and ie800s. I think the ie800s are really fun sounding but Utopia has spoiled me in its detail so I'm looking for something to get closer to that.

Currently using a Chord Mojo, but I would be willing to switch to a DAP around a grand (but must be able to stream Tidal). The iBasso DX200 has been the one that's stood out to me so far, but I don't know all that much about DAP players except that I'd buy the WM1A instantly if it could use Tidal...

I don't like bright headphones. I had HD800 and liked them but needed the SDR mod a warm dac and a warm amp to make them more tolerable, and I thought Utopia was far better the second I tried it. One of my concerns is on another site one user said the treble and mids sounded thin. I don't really think I want that.

Would The Dream be a good fit for me? Haha I can see it now, my only two headphones being "Utopia" and "The Dream"... What subtle names...

Thanks!

Edit: Also where the hell do I buy these lol? Amazon prices seem horrible... In U.S.

Once you get a good 300 hours or so on the Dream's I would be interested in any comparisons you could provide between the Dream and the Utopia. My Dreams are at about 300 hours and out of the 1z I am finding the sound to be getting bigger, airier, clearer, and more settled and with better timbre.

I don't have any headphones but I have decided I am finally going to get a set. I have nearly dived into headphones about 3 times but I will just get so many less hours out of them compared to iem's. But with the Fourte and Dream on hand I figure I will sell my Zeus XRA and 1960's cable (I love them but have had them for a while) to buy some cans. I know if I start at the mid tier I will only just spend a zillion dollars upgrading so keen to go with a more high end set, probably either the HEK v2 (so I will need to get an amp also) or the Utopia (which I believe sound pretty great out of the 1z balanced).

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #434 of 569
I am quite interested on how much Dream has actually improved from Truth. Based on all of your impression and description, I am sure it is (maybe even not "one of") the best DD IEM of the price. However, so was Truth. Since both of them had been the best of a genre for a period, is there any remarkable progress from the Truth to the Dream?
You know, the Dream now costs twice the Truth. It really requires some determination for me to place the order - well, when it is back in stock. Just want a final reason to convince myself.
Big appreciate if someone could offer a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back