Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Aug 2, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #406 of 569
WM1Z and Dream, excellent combo :thumbsup:The WM1Z gives it natural and smooth sound and larger vocals, it drives it with authority. But yeah WM1Z also requires some serious burn, at least 200 hours I think. You can burn them together maybe like I did. Do you have the 4.4 plug already for the Truth cable?

Thanks, yeah I got a Truth 4.4mm plug also. I do think it should be a great combination. The dream is very engaging and quite nuetral and serious compared to my Fourte which seems like a richer and more fun sound. They are sufficiently different to co-exist. Then I have the Zeus XRA to add that amazing imaging into the mix. I feel like a lucky man.

I also had a listen yesterday to the Fourte and the Dream with the Hugo 2. I preferred the Fourte by quite a margin, but in saying that both the Dream and the Fourte would be lucky to be at 100 hours.

Aug 3, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #407 of 569
Probably at about 120 hours on the Dream now. They are sounding really awesome, and this is directly out of my Hewlett Packard laptop lol. I pick up my 1z tomorrow (obviously have to burn it in) and I am seriously looking forward to hearing them driven with authority and a big stage out of the 1z balanced.

On a side note, given I have not had a DAP this last week and I have been burning in the Dream and the Tia Fourte, I have come to the conclusion that the iphone 7s sounds pretty bad, my Surface Pro 1 better but not very good, but my work HP laptop actually sounds pretty good.

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #410 of 569
I usually use the comply foam, but due to some ears issues I have switched to special dots, and they sound good to me, while being more comfortable than what was included in the package

Aug 4, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #411 of 569
Spiral Dots? I have used them and they are comfortable and even open up the sound more creating a holographic feel. I ended up switching between those and Final Audio.

Aug 5, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #415 of 569
Is there somewhere to get those spiral dot tips that doesn't take like a month to get here?
I got the Medium Large and Large Spiral Dots from amazon, only took 4 days to get to me (granted i did expedite)

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #418 of 569
Joined the club!

So far my only real complaint is comfort... Compared to my ie800s these tips are like painful... So I'll be shopping around / swapping tips to figure that out...

@nogi replicant How would you compare those two?

I have not owned the ie800 for a long time but I thought I think it is an excellent earphone. I can't compare it to the Dream unfortunately as it was too long ago since I had it.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #419 of 569
Blatant plug - I have my mint Dream's up in the for sale section for $1400USD inc Shipping and Paypal. Yes they are super high performing iem's but I prefer my Tia Fourte's. So liquidating these and will use the funds to get my 1z modded. Thought I would throw it out there incase anyone is looking a a cheap set. Cheers.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #420 of 569
Blatant plug - I have my mint Dream's up in the for sale section for $1400USD inc Shipping and Paypal. Yes they are super high performing iem's but I prefer my Tia Fourte's. So liquidating these and will use the funds to get my 1z modded. Thought I would throw it out there incase anyone is looking a a cheap set. Cheers.
What do you prefer about the Tia Fourtes? I'd love to hear your thoughts (sorry already own dreams).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back