Discover a new world of sound: Make way for the IE 200
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #136 of 176
Hey folks. I bought the IE 200 last week and am mostly enjoying them (with Final E tips). It really feels like I have nothing in my ear which is wonderful.

However, I had a question for other owners. Does the IEM freely spin around like crazy on the connector for anyone else? I have had MMCX IEMs in the past and those never spun around. I have also noticed the signal getting interrupted if I try and adjust the wire behind my ear. This seems somewhat unusual to me and was curious if others are behaving the same.

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #137 of 176
Hey folks. I bought the IE 200 last week and am mostly enjoying them (with Final E tips). It really feels like I have nothing in my ear which is wonderful.

However, I had a question for other owners. Does the IEM freely spin around like crazy on the connector for anyone else? I have had MMCX IEMs in the past and those never spun around. I have also noticed the signal getting interrupted if I try and adjust the wire behind my ear. This seems somewhat unusual to me and was curious if others are behaving the same.

Push the MMCX untill you hear a click
If you can see a little gap and still can see a tiny bit of the gold connectors, that means you haven’t push it hard enough

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #139 of 176
Push the MMCX untill you hear a click
If you can see a little gap and still can see a tiny bit of the gold connectors, that means you haven’t push it hard enough

On Null Audio cables - nope, they are quite snugly fitted (once you hear the click)

Yeah, tried unplugging and re-seating them multiple times. They simply are not clicking into place.

Mar 7, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #140 of 176
Received mine last week.

Its all good, fit is excellent, sound is fine and even the cable is ok.
Only thing that annoys me is that, no matter what I do, the IEM still spins around, once is in ear is fine.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #141 of 176
Received mine last week.

Its all good, fit is excellent, sound is fine and even the cable is ok.
Only thing that annoys me is that, no matter what I do, the IEM still spins around, once is in ear is fine.

Does connection randomly cut out on either side? I have found that because of the free spinning nature of the connection, sometimes connection is lost. I can't tell if I got a faulty pair or something.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #142 of 176
That shouldn't happen. The time I had them, that never occurred. Regarding the IE 300 my first pair had that issue on the left side. The second unit made it once on one side but never again since I changed the cable to a tripowin one.

But keep in mind that the IE 200 cable is different. It was a known issue for the IE 300 (QC issues) but I guess the IE 200 is just recent enough to not have many feedback yet.

Anyway, in your place, I would either ask for a new pair or a refund.

Cheers.

Mar 13, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #143 of 176
Does connection randomly cut out on either side? I have found that because of the free spinning nature of the connection, sometimes connection is lost. I can't tell if I got a faulty pair or something.
No problems on sound or connection so far.

It just keeps spinning, so every time I put them on I need to adjust the ear guide to be on the right place.

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #144 of 176
I have had the ie200 for a month or so and am really amazed at the musicality (imo) of this iem. This is my first sennheiser iem (although i have the hd650 and momentum 2 wired) and while it may not be the best for data retrieval, it is a joy to listen to. In my opinion it is more musical and enjoyable than the etymotic er2xr/er3xr which i also have.

d

Mar 24, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #145 of 176
Tried a 3rd party cable and the results were good. No more spinning.

Ie 200 is becoming my first choice. Nice sound and unmatched confort.

Mar 29, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #148 of 176
Is there any issues with condensation and channel imbalance? I wear my IEM's to sleep (I sleep on my back and play music very low) due to being in a very loud environment, my moondrop Arias seem to have this issue alot.

Apr 1, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #149 of 176
Indeed!

Here's a link to the head gear page that has the item numbers listed out. Your local dealer or Sennheiser branch can fulfill the order for you, pending stock.
According to:

https://spares.s-consumer.com/en-us/catalog/headphones-soundbars-headphones/

no IE200 parts (item numbers) as listed on the head gear page are currently available to order at this time.

See this, for example:

https://spares.s-consumer.com/en-us/catalog/sparepart/508959

Maybe, we'll have to wait a while before the parts are available to order?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back