Discover a new world of sound: Make way for the IE 200
Feb 5, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #107 of 176
You need to listen to Animal as Leader's album Parrhesia if you haven't already!
:L3000: It is almost impossible to listen to Instrumental Progressive metal and not know them!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They are amazing even if not of my favorite. I love Scale the Summit, Sithu Aye, Intervals and also quieter stuff like Plini and Chon.

Feb 5, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #108 of 176
It is almost impossible to listen to Instrumental Progressive metal and not know them!
I know but I was just making sure haha.
I love Scale the Summit, Sithu Aye, Intervals and also quieter stuff like Plini and Chon.
I will give these artists a listen. Thank you!

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #109 of 176
Yes I struggled as well. I think we are supposed to remove the tips first and then place the tips back on at either the outer or inner position. Another problem for me is that the tip position easily self-switches from the outer position to the inner position when placing the earphones in my ear. Not sure if there is a solution for this.
After posting that i struggled, i came across a thread (ie600) that suggested o-rings, i cut up the stem from an old surplus tip and made 2 thin o-rings which went onto the ie200 stem and obviated any tendency for the tip to switch. Having done that i much preferred the original position as the bass and richness of the music comes through better (imo) so i removed the o-rings.

I have to say that the ie200 is the first normal iem that fits properly in my ear, previously i have used etymotics as they have always fitted well.

d

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #112 of 176
After posting that i struggled, i came across a thread (ie600) that suggested o-rings, i cut up the stem from an old surplus tip and made 2 thin o-rings which went onto the ie200 stem and obviated any tendency for the tip to switch. Having done that i much preferred the original position as the bass and richness of the music comes through better (imo) so i removed the o-rings.

I have to say that the ie200 is the first normal iem that fits properly in my ear, previously i have used etymotics as they have always fitted well.

d
Yes the ie200 fit is excellent.

Does anyone feel that the ie200 bass sounds kind of “wet noodle” and artificial sounding?

I have heard some reviewers describe the ie200 bass like this and I tend to agree. My mileage may be varying, though. Not sure.

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #113 of 176
Feb 7, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #114 of 176
Just got my ie200 today
Initial impression is very good, especially with the price.
I was actually wanted to get ie600 to complement my Z1R , cause for me sometime the Z1R sound to “grand” and sometimes i do want to listen to something a little bit more laid back.
So i tried both ie 600 and 200 in the store today, sure the ie 600 is more detailed especially in treeble region, but i dont know why im more attracted to the ie200, maybe because of the light ness of it and also the price.
I’ll mainly wear this to sleep.
Oh yeah the tips, please change the stock tips, with stock tips the bass is very anemic, change to my final E tips and OMG the bass is quite satisfying.

One more thing though, anyone can recommend a good cable for it that its not uber expensive??
The stock cable only come in 3.5 mm , i need balance 4.4 and also the stock cable is very very microphonic 😥

Feb 7, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #115 of 176
Oh yeah the tips, please change the stock tips, with stock tips the bass is very anemic, change to my final E tips and OMG the bass is quite satisfying.

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #116 of 176
Feb 11, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #117 of 176
Another Senn in the bag! 😅

20230211_170607.jpg

Feb 11, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #118 of 176
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Feb 11, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #119 of 176
I use Final E tips and can confirm that bass is not lacking in anyway.

Feb 11, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #120 of 176
I use Final E tips and can confirm that bass is not lacking in anyway.
True
I tried tips rolling
zelastec - no go , bass is gone
Accoustone xe70 - no go , bass is gone as well
Might try spinfit later on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back