Discover a new world of sound: Make way for the IE 200
Apr 8, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #151 of 176
Just got the IE200 today. I am getting an acceptable fit with the default medium silicone tips, but none of the other tips work for me. If it wasn’t for this it would be pretty disappointing.

Which commonly available tips work?

Thanks!

Apr 10, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #154 of 176
So only the medium Sennheiser tips worked at all for me. None of the other supplied tips including foams worked at all.

I bought the Final Type E tips and find that the L size works in place of the M Sennheiser. Bass is about the same or a tiny bit more and treble is smoother, sweeter. I guess I am happy. I hope to try the Dunu tips and Comply foams if I can find the correct size.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #155 of 176
So only the medium Sennheiser tips worked at all for me. Non of the other supplied tips including foams worked at all.

I bought the Final Type E tips and find that the L size works in place of the M Sennheiser. Bass is about the same or a tiny bit more and treble is smoother, sweeter. I guess I am happy. I hope to try the Dunu tips and Comply foams if I can find the correct size.

I have been pretty happy with the Type E tips, but I just got the Campfire Audio foam tips in. They are also really nice and comfortable. I generally prefer foam so this might be the go to for me.

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #156 of 176
I wonder how the IE200 pairs (sounds) with the Sony NW-A306 Walkman? These two would seem to be a nice “entry- level” pairing. Anyone care to chime in?

Apr 26, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #157 of 176
I agree with this and would like to know of other tips that have worked

d
I have some IE Pro tips I had gotten for my IE600s and I think they are much better than the stocks that come with the 600 and 200. Medium tips are stock # 507495/Large are 507496. I got mine from Adorama, but they are available elsewhere. I also like the Spinfit W1 and CP100+ but have not used them yet with the IE200s

Jun 9, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #160 of 176
For those curious about the Custom Comfort Tips recently announced for the IE Series, here's a video of the scanning process - They don't use traditional holding techniques, but a laser gun to make a 3D mapping of your ear canals, it's really cool ! It's way less hassle than getting custom earplugs made the traditional way

Jun 19, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #163 of 176
I wonder how the IE200 pairs (sounds) with the Sony NW-A306 Walkman? These two would seem to be a nice “entry- level” pairing. Anyone care to chime in?
I think this pairing could work well for someone who is looking for a solid entry-level setup for listening to music on the go.

The IE200s have a balanced armature driver that provides a clear and detailed sound, and they come with detachable cables which is a nice feature. The Sony NW-A306 Walkman has a built-in amplifier and supports high-resolution audio, which means it can produce high-quality sound and is a good match for the IE200.

Jun 20, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #164 of 176
The IE200s have a balanced armature driver that provides a clear and detailed sound, and they come with detachable cables which is a nice feature. The Sony NW-A306 Walkman has a built-in amplifier and supports high-resolution audio, which means it can produce high-quality sound and is a good match for the IE200.
Don’t use ChatGPT as your source for factual information because the IE 200 does not use balanced armature drivers. In fact, all Sennheiser audio gear uses dynamic drivers except for their HE-1 which is electro-static I believe.

Sennheiser believes in the 1 driver principle since they sound more organic and don’t require precise crossovers which can cause frequency overlaps if not done correctly.

Here’s a helpful video about Sennheiser’s True Response dynamic drivers.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #165 of 176
Got very pleasantly surprised by the IE200, which I impulsively bought after 7-8 years only using Westone UM PRO 30s and ER4SR daily.

Detail retrieval is really good and its got a nice timbre and balance overall.

I don’t feel like the bass is lacking punch or anything (stock tips no mod), I like it as is. Am I the only one?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back