digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Feb 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #256 of 1,021

Quote:
There is a long and boring answer to your question, so I will give you the short and sweet version...

Consider it a small "glitch in the matrix" that is related to the delay/timing between the switch and LightBar. It has nothing to do with the battery. Every once in a while I'll hit that sweet spot when turning ZO off as well, and it does the same thing to me. So it's nothing to be worried about.

wink_face.gif

Thanks a lot for the fast answer :)
It doesn't bother/worry me at all, I was just wondering what it was that's it - cheers for the explanation!

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #257 of 1,021

Quote:
There is a long and boring answer to your question, so I will give you the short and sweet version...

Ok there is definitely something wrong...I can't go without having my ZO2 on me at all times!
Music sounds lifeless with it OFF (ignoring bass boost all together) - must....have....ZO2 on me....at ALL TIMES!

What an amazing product. It's my new little baby I hog 
redface.gif

I'm so happy with it, and the bass contours are very tasty! Yummy 
L3000.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #258 of 1,021
I know the feeling. Was using the ZO2 purely with my line out from my iDevice and decided to pick up a Sansa Clip Zip to get used to the idea and see how I might like organizing my music on microSD cards, and have really enjoyed the fun of going between the two devices and the differences they have with the effects of the ZO2. The combination of the small form factor of the Clip Zip and the ZO2 make for an awesome portable setup, just a command strip between them to hold it together. 

Quote:
Ok there is definitely something wrong...I can't go without having my ZO2 on me at all times!
Music sounds lifeless with it OFF (ignoring bass boost all together) - must....have....ZO2 on me....at ALL TIMES!

What an amazing product. It's my new little baby I hog 
redface.gif

I'm so happy with it, and the bass contours are very tasty! Yummy 
L3000.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #260 of 1,021

Quote:
I know the feeling. Was using the ZO2 purely with my line out from my iDevice and decided to pick up a Sansa Clip Zip to get used to the idea and see how I might like organizing my music on microSD cards, and have really enjoyed the fun of going between the two devices and the differences they have with the effects of the ZO2. The combination of the small form factor of the Clip Zip and the ZO2 make for an awesome portable setup, just a command strip between them to hold it together. 

hehe I ordered some "velcro" I think its called Dlock or something to stick on my SGS's case and on the ZO2

Quote:
Come saturday when I get my next paycheck, I'll be ordering mine. :)

nice :)

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #263 of 1,021

Quote:
Hi, what's the maximum impedance the ZO can drive in high gain mode? I have a ER4P and bought and S adapter making 100ohm impedance. I'm using a SGS with Voodoo Sound as a source. 

digiZoid claims it'll drive up to 300Ω. With my Cowon D2 + ZO2.3 + DT770-80s, it gets quite loud enough in high gain mode at about 30% volume on the D2.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #264 of 1,021
Thanks guys. So, in high gain mode it also amplifies the sound but it's not user regulated like in low gain mode, am I right?

Quote:
U shouldn't have the slightest worry with voodoo sound - trust me, I have it too :wink:
-TotallydubbedHD

Quote:
digiZoid claims it'll drive up to 300Ω. With my Cowon D2 + ZO2.3 + DT770-80s, it gets quite loud enough in high gain mode at about 30% volume on the D2.

Feb 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #265 of 1,021

Quote:
Thanks guys. So, in high gain mode it also amplifies the sound but it's not user regulated like in low gain mode, am I right?

100% right yes

In high gain mode, it boost the volume, but then u have to adjust the volume on your source, not the ZO2.
I personally find low gain only useful for turning it down (as in lower than source) lol

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #267 of 1,021
I just had the sickest ZO2 experience yet...if any of you guys have Netflix streaming on a portable device, fire up the film Serenity. I'm only about 15 mins in with the ZO set up to orange, and the bass is just ridiculous on my Atrios. I have a Kindle Fire coming in tomorrow, and I can't wait to watch movies on that with the ZO/Atrio combo....

Fire up Serenity when you get a chance
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #268 of 1,021

Quote:
I just had the sickest ZO2 experience yet...if any of you guys have Netflix streaming on a portable device, fire up the film Serenity. I'm only about 15 mins in with the ZO set up to orange, and the bass is just ridiculous on my Atrios. I have a Kindle Fire coming in tomorrow, and I can't wait to watch movies on that with the ZO/Atrio combo....

Fire up Serenity when you get a chance
wink_face.gif

Orange with the MG7's?
Brave man.

:D

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #269 of 1,021

Quote:
Orange with the MG7's?
Brave man.

:D

haha, yep, that takes them right to the edge :)

When I turned it back down to green after a while just to compare, it was a shocker...what a contrast between the two! Definitely one of the biggest differences I've experienced yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back