digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Feb 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #226 of 1,021

Quote:
There was a user on another thread that complained the ZO2.3 was a poor match for the Pro 900s. Any further feedback on this?

I disagree completely. I have the original ZO and it took the Pro 900 from good to HOLY CRAP AWESOME. That being said, I had to keep the ZO on the first two levels, otherwise the bass become too much, but the boost in FULLNESS made the ZO and "metallic" and "sharp" Pro 900 a perfect match.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #227 of 1,021

Quote:
I disagree completely. I have the original ZO and it took the Pro 900 from good to HOLY CRAP AWESOME. That being said, I had to keep the ZO on the first two levels, otherwise the bass become too much, but the boost in FULLNESS made the ZO and "metallic" and "sharp" Pro 900 a perfect match.

That's certainly good to hear. While sound can sometimes be subjective to an extreme, I do feel the Pro 900s could get a bit more kick through external gear, and the boomy bass reports I've heard from the ZO usually came from users setting bass contour to excessive levels.

Do you run it from a PC, a DAP, what?

Also, since I intend on buying new, I can't get neither the original version nor the first v2 versions, so I'd have to keep in mind the possible pairing differences.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #228 of 1,021

Quote:
That's certainly good to hear. While sound can sometimes be subjective to an extreme, I do feel the Pro 900s could get a bit more kick through external gear, and the boomy bass reports I've heard from the ZO usually came from users setting bass contour to excessive levels.

Do you run it from a PC, a DAP, what?

Also, since I intend on buying new, I can't get neither the original version nor the first v2 versions, so I'd have to keep in mind the possible pairing differences.

I tried the Pro 900 and ZO together with my laptop, my sansa clip+, and my iphone 4. The IPhone 4 sounded the best by FAR.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #229 of 1,021

Quote:
I tried the Pro 900 and ZO together with my laptop, my sansa clip+, and my iphone 4. The IPhone 4 sounded the best by FAR.

From your description, it seems you ran it directly through the laptop's onboard audio chip rather than a DAC. Still, if it were to sound bad, it would make more sense that any degradation to be clearer with onboard audio chips, so you enjoying it is a good sign.

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #230 of 1,021

Quote:
I am Abomination - Deciever *
I am Abomination - Cataclysm *
I am Abomination - Since 1776 *

Circa Survive - Great Golden Baby
Circa Survive - The Difference Between Medacine and Poison *

Tides of Man - Dreamhouse
Tides of Man - Western Scene*

Vildhjarta - Shiver*
Vildhjarta - Dagger*
Vildhjarta - Traces

Chelsea Grin - Cheyne Stokes
Chelsea Grin - Cursed*

Crimson Armada - Revelations*
Crimson Armada - Juggernaut

Whatever for dubstep. A fav of mine is Kano - Spaceship (trolley snatcha remix)

Any one of the above would probably sell me. Would really like to hear The entries marked with asterisks.

Got a new dubstep demo video: http://youtu.be/nWL817WlqSo

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #235 of 1,021

Quote:
Quick question. Not to sound ignorant or anything, I'm just genuinely curious. What would it sound like in this kind of configuration?

Source -> Fiio E5 -> ZO2 -> Headphones

Fiio E5 won't do anything good I would guess but Someone who has tried this (or can) should jump in.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #236 of 1,021
Completely forgot hold up lol..

EDIT:
HOLD DA PHONE!
This is a fun combo!

E5 gives me that HUGE boost in volume
Whilst the ZO2 gives me bass

I kid you not, my D2K's are vibrating...
Red contour + E5 bass boost.

SINCE WHEN DID THE D2K's go THIS HARD hahahahaha!
<3 ZO2 now.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #237 of 1,021
What song are you listening to? and whats the volume settings/connections being made? I need to try this when I get home. Think the E6 will have a similar effect?

Quote:
Completely forgot hold up lol..

EDIT:
HOLD DA PHONE!
This is a fun combo!

E5 gives me that HUGE boost in volume
Whilst the ZO2 gives me bass

I kid you not, my D2K's are vibrating...
Red contour + E5 bass boost.

SINCE WHEN DID THE D2K's go THIS HARD hahahahaha!
<3 ZO2 now.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #239 of 1,021
what was the source being played from? and if iDevice, LOD? high gain?

Quote:
E6 should have the same effect.
Any song lol.
Just a huge boost in volume from the E5.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #240 of 1,021
What's your setup Totally Dubbed and do you use LOD or headphone jack? Is there any sensitive IEM user here that can tell exactly what volume level on ZO2.3 are you using in case using LOD and low gain? I'm wondering if there's room to increase the gain lvl in low gain. If possible I'd see it as a good thing for digiZoid to increase the gain level in low gain a little. The optimal IMO would be like if the most sensitive IEMs around would have "normal" volume level at say vol level 5 or so on the ZO2.3 when used with a LOD so maybe headphones like Denon D2000 might get normal listening volumes at say lvl 12 ~ 15 or so perhaps out of max 32, ofc this just a rough estimate of the "ideal" gain level.

For reference using headphone jack on my onboard soundchip and Q40 headphones I'm at like windows volume 42~43% without ZO2.3 and 52~54% in low gain and 16% using high gain for similar volume level.

I would if possibly also compare if using LOD how it compares to headphone jack + high gain use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back