digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
Feb 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #241 of 1,021

Quote:
what was the source being played from? and if iDevice, LOD? high gain?

Quote:
What's your setup Totally Dubbed and do you use LOD or headphone jack? Is there any sensitive IEM user here that can tell exactly what volume level on ZO2.3 are you using in case using LOD and low gain? I'm wondering if there's room to increase the gain lvl in low gain.

For reference using headphone jack on my onboard soundchip and Q40 headphones I'm at like windows volume 42~43% without ZO2.3 and 52~54% in low gain and 16% using high gain for similar volume level.

Sorry lads, didn't get it at first:

Setup:
SGS1 via a 2 way splitter going into the E5 via a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm - into the ZO2 on HIGH GAIN with RED CONTOUR 

About EMI I'll let you know tomorrow, as I'll take the ZO2 with me.
Although my SGS atm has no EMI issues with any of the amps, I can tell you the A10 had huge problems with my S1....

Then again when I wave my phone in front of a $600 Cisco phone it switched it off :p

Feb 21, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #242 of 1,021
Hmm I think we should start doing a followup on what volume level y'all use in low gain if using LOD so they might adjust it for the future ZO3 if needed, would probably be useful data for digiZoid if you mentioned what IEM or headphone you use and what volume level on ZO2.3 in low gain when using LOD. 

Sounds like a good idea?

Ofc another solution or should I say improved compability measure would be to add perhaps a 3rd gain level so there's low, medium and high and to even further improve compatibility why not make the gain switch separate from volume control so it can be adjusted in all gain levels? My idea at least in case ZO3 is meant to have fullrange smartvektor adjustment I'd put treble + bass contour level selection on one push wheel (the way bass contour level and volume adjustment works like now) and volume adjustment and gain selection on the other pushwheel => awesome compatibility and adjustability

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #245 of 1,021

Quote:
So worth the extra 17 dollars to throw the e5 in with my ZO purchase?

depends what you really need it for!
I would suggest just the ZO on high-gain -> its crazy the difference between high gain and low gain on max settings. You don't expect the sudden LEAP of volume you get.
Only thing E5 will add is more volume, and not necessarily quality.

On top of this,do your really want to be carrying around 2 amps?

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #247 of 1,021

Great review, but the reference to the issues experienced with some owners of Ultrasone Pro 900's are false. At least as far as I can remember, MizMoxie pointed out the incorrect use of the ZO2.3, which was the EQ settings on the source player, and also I vaguely remember these users responding that turning off their EQ settings on their bass alleviated the issue.
Quote:

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #248 of 1,021

Quote:
Great review, but the reference to the issues experienced with some owners of Ultrasone Pro 900's are false. At least as far as I can remember, MizMoxie pointed out the incorrect use of the ZO2.3, which was the EQ settings on the source player, and also I vaguely remember these users responding that turning off their EQ settings on their bass alleviated the issue.

Well I've read it several places now, with the PRO 900's - I thought it was worth mentioning just in case :)

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #249 of 1,021
Has anyone else had the issue of their ZO2 dying without the light coming on? I can tell when its dying because it goes into low gain (even though the lightbar says otherwise) and thus there is volume drop off. I believe its supposed to flash red or something and mine has only done this maybe once.

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #250 of 1,021
Hmm why is the Z0 $120 on their website and only $100 on amazon.....they are both from them though?
Is their a difference between them because I'm not sure where to buy them......

So I connect a double sided 3.5 cable to my source(mp3/phone) and the Z0,then I assume the Z0 has another 3.5 slot to connect my headphones,correct?

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #251 of 1,021

Quote:
Hmm why is the Z0 $120 on their website and only $100 on amazon.....they are both from them though?
Is their a difference between them because I'm not sure where to buy them......
So I connect a double sided 3.5 cable to my source(mp3/phone) and the Z0,then I assume the Z0 has another 3.5 slot to connect my headphones,correct?

Connects via 3.5 to 3.5 yes.
And maybe the difference is:
Original ZO and new ZO2?

I don't know.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #252 of 1,021

Quote:
Has anyone else had the issue of their ZO2 dying without the light coming on? I can tell when its dying because it goes into low gain (even though the lightbar says otherwise) and thus there is volume drop off. I believe its supposed to flash red or something and mine has only done this maybe once.

Next time you encounter the tell-tale signs of low battery (i.e., automatic switching into low gain mode and the volume level reducing), set the LightBar to green or yellow, and/or rotate and hold the switch downwards while in gain select mode to set the LightBar to blue. You should definitely see the red LED blinking at the bottom of the LightBar. If the LightBar is pink/red/orange/etc., it may be more difficult to notice.  

Let me know what happens... 
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #253 of 1,021

Quote:
Next time you encounter the tell-tale signs of low battery (i.e., automatic switching into low gain mode and the volume level reducing), set the LightBar to green or yellow, and/or rotate and hold the switch downwards while in gain select mode to set the LightBar to blue. You should definitely see the red LED blinking at the bottom of the LightBar. If the LightBar is pink/red/orange/etc., it may be more difficult to notice.  

Let me know what happens... 
wink.gif

I actually have a question (might be a nooby one):

When I partially hold the "on/off" switch, and then release it - but don't hold it long enough to switch it off completely whilst on the contour settings.
The ZO2 quickly changes colour to green, and then comes back to my contour settings

Is this displaying my battery via colour?

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #254 of 1,021

Quote:
I actually have a question (might be a nooby one):

When I partially hold the "on/off" switch, and then release it - but don't hold it long enough to switch it off completely whilst on the contour settings.
The ZO2 quickly changes colour to green, and then comes back to my contour settings

Is this displaying my battery via colour?

There is a long and boring answer to your question, so I will give you the short and sweet version...

Consider it a small "glitch in the matrix" that is related to the delay/timing between the switch and LightBar. It has nothing to do with the battery. Every once in a while I'll hit that sweet spot when turning ZO off as well, and it does the same thing to me. So it's nothing to be worried about.

wink_face.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #255 of 1,021
While it is nothing to be worried about, is this hitting something in the system that is expected to maybe add more features in the next version? or is it just a hiccup in the system that really is just a minor delay when trying to turn the device off?

Quote:
There is a long and boring answer to your question, so I will give you the short and sweet version...

Consider it a small "glitch in the matrix" that is related to the delay/timing between the switch and LightBar. It has nothing to do with the battery. Every once in a while I'll hit that sweet spot when turning ZO off as well, and it does the same thing to me. So it's nothing to be worried about.

wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back