DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Jan 13, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #557 of 605
Theyve been exhibiting very unprofessional behavior for a while now, unfortunately.

confused.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #560 of 605
My guess is that replacing everyone's ZO ended up being too costly to keep it going. The way the chip was glued to the board, it was probably not a simple software update. I do hope I'm wrong, I'd love for another ZO to see the light of day. Maybe they put it out as software, or can license the patent to another company.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #561 of 605
  My guess is that replacing everyone's ZO ended up being too costly to keep it going. The way the chip was glued to the board, it was probably not a simple software update. I do hope I'm wrong, I'd love for another ZO to see the light of day. Maybe they put it out as software, or can license the patent to another company.

You kind of confuse me - why would digiZoid want to replace everyone's ZO? My FS+ works perfectly fine and certainly need no replacement on any part or software update. Besides, there is no such as thing as a software update for ZO.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #564 of 605

You kind of confuse me - why would digiZoid want to replace everyone's ZO? My FS+ works perfectly fine and certainly need no replacement on any part or software update. Besides, there is no such as thing as a software update for ZO.

That's great for you. Meanwhile, those of us with the battery glitch are left with a $200 paperweight. 

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #565 of 605
Did a pretty deep search and it appeals the key people in the company have mostly moved on after late 2014 / early 2015. While the business license is still holding (seems to almost got dissolved at some point in 2015), I'll guess the business is close to defunct at this point and I won't expect any actual help from them anytime soon.

As for the non-charging battery issue, there is a way to fix it as mentioned quite sometime ago in this thread. You need to open the case up, unplug the battery and let it sits for awhile (a couple fo hours to overnight?), then plug it back and recharge it. After that, just don't ever let it drain completely and you should be mostly fine.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #566 of 605
  Did a pretty deep search and it appeals the key people in the company have mostly moved on after late 2014 / early 2015. While the business license is still holding (seems to almost got dissolved at some point in 2015), I'll guess the business is close to defunct at this point and I won't expect any actual help from them anytime soon.

As for the non-charging battery issue, there is a way to fix it as mentioned quite sometime ago in this thread. You need to open the case up, unplug the battery and let it sits for awhile (a couple fo hours to overnight?), then plug it back and recharge it. After that, just don't ever let it drain completely and you should be mostly fine.

That worked the first time, but not the second

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #567 of 605

That worked the first time, but not the second

There is the chance that if the battery has been drained too far (or left uncharged for too long), it will go below its minimum safety voltage and the protection circuit inside the battery won't let you charge it again as a safety precaution as damaged battery can explode in rare case. In that case (and assuming you are handy with electronics), you might want to try to source a replacement battery. It should be 3.7V, 600mAH (precise number not that important as you can get slight larger or smaller capacity) , around 37mm x 21mm x 7mm, give or take 1mm or 2.

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #568 of 605

There is the chance that if the battery has been drained too far (or left uncharged for too long), it will go below its minimum safety voltage and the protection circuit inside the battery won't let you charge it again as a safety precaution as damaged battery can explode in rare case. In that case (and assuming you are handy with electronics), you might want to try to source a replacement battery. It should be 3.7V, 600mAH (precise number not that important as you can get slight larger or smaller capacity) , around 37mm x 21mm x 7mm, give or take 1mm or 2.

I really appreciate that. I liked the product and advocated for it quite a bit, but at this point i don't even care...I bought an Oppo HA-2, and even though it doesn't have the smart vector circuit, I'm more that happy with the sound. 

If I ever do give a crap again, I'll revisit your post and give that a shot, though...thanks for mentioning that. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #569 of 605
The same thing happened for me and I haven't been able to recharge it again and no responses anymore from the support either so I'm fairly sure at this point they don't have any plans to come back.

Here might be a convenient solution: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=600mah+3.7v+x5c&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3A600mah+3.7v+x5c

Looks to be quite the same size and all. Actually there's plenty of such offerings, seems like a popular quadcopter uses those same batteries why there's battery packs of 4 or 6 or so batteries with a charger from several manufacturers.

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #570 of 605
  The same thing happened for me and I haven't been able to recharge it again and no responses anymore from the support either so I'm fairly sure at this point they don't have any plans to come back.

Here might be a convenient solution: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=600mah+3.7v+x5c&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3A600mah+3.7v+x5c

Looks to be quite the same size and all. Actually there's plenty of such offerings, seems like a popular quadcopter uses those same batteries why there's battery packs of 4 or 6 or so batteries with a charger from several manufacturers.

PSA for those replacing your battery, this one doesn't fit.  Its both a tad too big and the molex connector is not the right one.  I'm ordering a different battery in its place to find a proper placement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back