DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Aug 11, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #586 of 605
Just thought this was the best place to say that I was able to purchase a ZOFS+ from Digizoid a couple months ago, and I have been wanting to post this for awhile. It had me worried because the first week after ordering I didnt get any replies. But finally I received a reply and they said something was wrong with the email (they showed me that they did try to reply), and that they could only send a raw polished aluminum (not black) version. I accepted and received it within 10 days. I can post pictures later if anyone needs to see them.

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #588 of 605
Just thought this was the best place to say that I was able to purchase a ZOFS+ from Digizoid a couple months ago, and I have been wanting to post this for awhile. It had me worried because the first week after ordering I didnt get any replies. But finally I received a reply and they said something was wrong with the email (they showed me that they did try to reply), and that they could only send a raw polished aluminum (not black) version. I accepted and received it within 10 days. I can post pictures later if anyone needs to see them.

Thank you for the info. I have been after one for years....please tell me what it is like !
Thanks and best regards.

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #589 of 605
Thank you for the info. I have been after one for years....please tell me what it is like !
Thanks and best regards.

Honestly, it still has the hiss from the zo2.3

I would have thought they fixed that. And it didn't sound impressive at first, so I did a comparison with the zo2.3 and the ZOFS+ does still have the bass, just added more trebel so everything seems a bit clearer I guess.

I would buy the normal version, not the plus, in the future. Or maybe the Headstage enhanced bass boost if I could afford that one.

I am guessing the guy who runs this company is just busy or had too much problems within or outside this business so now is just on the back burner. Just my guess though.. he was very accommodating and apologetic and gave a few extra accessories. I an still happy I was able to get one of these

Here are a few pics

Attachments

• 20180815_090701.jpg
    20180815_090701.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180815_090719.jpg
    20180815_090719.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180815_090742.jpg
    20180815_090742.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180815_090728.jpg
    20180815_090728.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180815_090747.jpg
    20180815_090747.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 15, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #591 of 605
You are forgetting its a family owed business and I bet it's more like a project than a traditional company (a knowledgeable entreprenour's showcase to put out something special), maybe they will sell it in small quantities stil as long as supplies last but I think it's very uncertain if we ever see any new product again I feel like or how long they will still keep selling stuff at all. Had it become a huge instant success and very profitable things might have been different, they did have very good start with the older ZO amps but Zo FS did have a very rough start and it was the lack of beta testing phase which would have had to be done a lot more extensive and probably through beta testers around the world before they had gone retail with it.

All things said, I still use my DigiZoid ZO2.1 to be exact, with the M-Audio Q40 the chemistry is PERFECT and the bass response with this combo is like nothing I've ever experienced and I simply cannot enjoy listening to headphones anymore without using ZO so I hope sometimes in the future I'll still be able to replace the battery if it goes totally bust, I do have a spare one too! In fact, I got them all. :p The latest ZO FS while sounding a bit more technically refined as in less "in-your-face" and thus more expansive soundstage wise and with a bit more sparkly trable range, the older ZO2.1 that I use is a very different signature and very in-your-face and warm/lush presentation but still with very natural sounding highs to my ears even if the presence or resolution or whatever is not as high, I still connect with the music better with ZO2.1 than ZO FS, I feel ZO FS would pair better with overly "in-your-face" and warm sounding headphones again but it also doesn't have as much punch to the bass as its previous versions, it's still impressive but it just can't deliver the ZOMG-PUNCH to your face bass (and a very impressively detailed and texture one at that) that is highly addicting with EDM style music (I'm a hardstyle enthusiast myself) compared to ZO2.1 / 2.3.

In a way ZO has ruined my headphone hobby as I don't have any reason to try out any expensive headphone amps anymore as even if they sound technically impressive, it's the sound signature of the ZO amp I use that just keeps me so addicted I don't give a **** in how much more detailed or how much more microdetail or precise it may be, the ZO2.1 keeps me dancing uncontrollably when listening to Hardstyle.... there's no Schiit or whatever amp that will achieve the same.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #592 of 605
You are forgetting its a family owed business and I bet it's more like a project than a traditional company (a knowledgeable entreprenour's showcase to put out something special), maybe they will sell it in small quantities stil as long as supplies last but I think it's very uncertain if we ever see any new product again I feel like or how long they will still keep selling stuff at all. Had it become a huge instant success and very profitable things might have been different, they did have very good start with the older ZO amps but Zo FS did have a very rough start and it was the lack of beta testing phase which would have had to be done a lot more extensive and probably through beta testers around the world before they had gone retail with it.

That's pretty much what I meant when you said that I was forgetting that it's a family owned business and that you bet its bbn more like a project. I think we are understanding and saying the same thing

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #593 of 605
Honestly, it still has the hiss from the zo2.3

I would have thought they fixed that. And it didn't sound impressive at first, so I did a comparison with the zo2.3 and the ZOFS+ does still have the bass, just added more trebel so everything seems a bit clearer I guess.

I would buy the normal version, not the plus, in the future. Or maybe the Headstage enhanced bass boost if I could afford that one.

I am guessing the guy who runs this company is just busy or had too much problems within or outside this business so now is just on the back burner. Just my guess though.. he was very accommodating and apologetic and gave a few extra accessories. I an still happy I was able to get one of these

Here are a few pics

Bryce, thank you, very kind. Which link did you use to get it ? How long did it take to reach you ?

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #594 of 605

Hopefully the photos work this time
Many Thanks ! Much obliged.

All things said, I still use my DigiZoid ZO2.1 to be exact, with the M-Audio Q40 the chemistry is PERFECT and the bass response with this combo is like nothing I've ever experienced and I simply cannot enjoy listening to headphones anymore without using ZO so I hope sometimes in the future I'll still be able to replace the battery if it goes totally bust, I do have a spare one too! In fact, I got them all. :p The latest ZO FS while sounding a bit more technically refined as in less "in-your-face" and thus more expansive soundstage wise and with a bit more sparkly trable range, the older ZO2.1 that I use is a very different signature and very in-your-face and warm/lush presentation but still with very natural sounding highs to my ears even if the presence or resolution or whatever is not as high, I still connect with the music better with ZO2.1 than ZO FS, I feel ZO FS would pair better with overly "in-your-face" and warm sounding headphones again but it also doesn't have as much punch to the bass as its previous versions, it's still impressive but it just can't deliver the ZOMG-PUNCH to your face bass (and a very impressively detailed and texture one at that) that is highly addicting with EDM style music (I'm a hardstyle enthusiast myself) compared to ZO2.1 / 2.3.

In a way ZO has ruined my headphone hobby as I don't have any reason to try out any expensive headphone amps anymore as even if they sound technically impressive, it's the sound signature of the ZO amp I use that just keeps me so addicted I don't give a **** in how much more detailed or how much more microdetail or precise it may be, the ZO2.1 keeps me dancing uncontrollably when listening to Hardstyle.... there's no Schiit or whatever amp that will achieve the same.
Very interesting viewpoint, Thanks !

Aug 15, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #595 of 605
Bryce, thank you, very kind. Which link did you use to get it ? How long did it take to reach you ?

I just went to their website, then click buy and then pay with paypal. I think it took almost 2 weeks... like 12 days or so if I remember correctly

Edit: I should say I was skeptical and hesitant to order because of reading everything and limited email support or replies, but I decided to take the risk since their webpage did update this year with the option to buy available. To me it meant they were probably at least able to fill an order, regardless of the support I may or may not receive

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #596 of 605
I just went to their website, then click buy and then pay with paypal. I think it took almost 2 weeks... like 12 days or so if I remember correctly

Edit: I should say I was skeptical and hesitant to order because of reading everything and limited email support or replies, but I decided to take the risk since their webpage did update this year with the option to buy available. To me it meant they were probably at least able to fill an order, regardless of the support I may or may not receive
Bryce...Thank You ! Yes, I had not previously dared to press Buy...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back