DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Nov 26, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #601 of 605
Sorry to bring this back up but am looking for another one of these if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of. I'm ok if the battery doesn't work, as I have an extra.
The one I have, the USB port broken and I am having a hard time trying to find someone to fix it. Thanks

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #602 of 605
Sorry to bring this back up but am looking for another one of these if anyone has one they'd like to get rid of. I'm ok if the battery doesn't work, as I have an extra.
The one I have, the USB port broken and I am having a hard time trying to find someone to fix it. Thanks
I have the same issue, USB port broken and now it's just sitting in a drawer. If you find a way to fix it please share, thanks!

Dec 5, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #603 of 605
Any smartphone repair shop should be able to easily replace the broken microUSB connector, provided they have the same connector in stock (not every microUSB port looks the same on the inside). The better way is to take apart your ZO, look at the microUSB, find one online and bring it to the smartphone repair shop.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #604 of 605
I might have some extra for the older versions with the soft-shell case but I like my ZO's so much they'll probably follow me to the grave if I can help it LOL. I will probably DIY various problems that arrive to my best ability. The battery on the one I've used started to swell and broke the case a bit so had to open up and remove it for safety's sake. Since I only use it stationary I just use it without any battery plugged in. Attached also a rubberband to keep the somewhat deteriorating case together, If I was good with workmanship I'd probably make a new case for it myself, in aluminium or whatever but I suck at that part so.

I'm a little worried with my now 7 month old kitten that when they jump into/off my lap that their paws gets stuck to my headphone cable and therefore drag the ZO with them and they'll break the already damaged case further or cause PCB tear like on the charging port but that's just life with otherwise awesome furryballs haha.

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #605 of 605
I tried to contact phone repairs but the ones I have found don't really solder, they just can take apart the ports and replace if the have a plug in type of connection. And other electronic repair shops can only solder more spacious areas, not some areas so small that they would need magnifying glasses and super precision. Wish I could solder precise things confidently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back