Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jun 11, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #391 of 2,316
Has anybody seen an option to purchase a 2nd charger? I agree that the DTR1 charging system is a good one, but I can see a need to have one at home and a spare at the office. A vehicle charger should also be possible as the 12V auto system has enough current to support conversion to the needed 8.6V at 600mA.

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #392 of 2,316
Has anybody seen an option to purchase a 2nd charger? I agree that the DTR1 charging system is a good one, but I can see a need to have one at home and a spare at the office. A vehicle charger should also be possible as the 12V auto system has enough current to support conversion to the needed 8.6V at 600mA.
Dethonray folks told me that they would have some spare chargers available in the July/August time frame.
A car charger is a good idea. Don't think they thought of that yet, so none in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #393 of 2,316
Yes, comparable to WM1Z, maybe slightly different. More powerful

You mean in the Fullness, body of imaging? or in the Detail retrieval?

Jun 13, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #394 of 2,316
Saw the review on the front page of head-fi and ended up here. A few questions:

1. Is there a button lock, so you don’t accidentally push buttons while it’s in your pocket? If not, have people had any problems with accidental track/volume changes on the go?

2. What’s the current status of the case? Not available?

Thanks

Jun 13, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #395 of 2,316
Saw the review on the front page of head-fi and ended up here. A few questions:

1. Is there a button lock, so you don’t accidentally push buttons while it’s in your pocket? If not, have people had any problems with accidental track/volume changes on the go?

2. What’s the current status of the case? Not available?

Thanks
No button lock afaik. The volume button must be pressed harder than other DAPs, so no problem with it on the go I assume.
Case is coming, in 2 months approx

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #398 of 2,316
I found the update function to be pretty finicky about cards. I finally found that a 32gb formatted Fat32 worked, anything over 64 would not regardless of format type. Don't get me wrong, it is using my 400 for music now without a hiccup, but for firmware updates a smaller card seems to behave better. I spoke with Anson about it and was told that it had to be Fat32 formatted and after what I found it looks like the block size needs to be 512 bytes (64gb down should default to this).

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #399 of 2,316
I found the update function to be pretty finicky about cards. I finally found that a 32gb formatted Fat32 worked, anything over 64 would not regardless of format type. Don't get me wrong, it is using my 400 for music now without a hiccup, but for firmware updates a smaller card seems to behave better. I spoke with Anson about it and was told that it had to be Fat32 formatted and after what I found it looks like the block size needs to be 512 bytes (64gb down should default to this).
With my both 64 gb card and 128 gb card formatted Fat32 worked fine while updating.

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #400 of 2,316
I've been listening the DTR1 for over 1 week, it just kept impressing me every time I listen to it. Having previously owned SPKM, R6pro, ZX300, Shanling M5s, I can say that this is the most satisfying purchase for me in 2019.

One of the most impressive thing is it's size, how can a DAP just slightly bigger than e.g. Hiby r3, able to punch out such good 3.5mm sound quality? If someone looking for a pure music playing DAP, this is the one!

....I hate the HDMI plug a lot!!!!

How's zx300 compared with dtr1? Been thinking of selling my zx300 and shozy-aaw pentacle iem to get this dap. Hopefully i am not in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #401 of 2,316
How's zx300 compared with dtr1? Been thinking of selling my zx300 and shozy-aaw pentacle iem to get this dap. Hopefully i am not in the wrong direction.
U are definitely in the right direction.
Dtr1 is leagues above zx300, as long you can can stand button control rather than touch screen.
But what iem u have to pair with dtr1?
In my opinion, the pentacle will definitely not match with dtr1, as i tried it on high output player such as alien+.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #403 of 2,316
This sounds like an amazing sounding player, so glad to hear of a pure audio-quality focused player, but for me Bluetooth and some useful advanced features are important. I wish I needed another player, but sadly that isn't the case or I would certainly try this. Been fun reading this thread.

Jun 17, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #405 of 2,316
Ok I just received my DTR1. Big problem - it's way too powerful at volume 1. I am apparently on firmware 2.0. Have to use a earbuddy/iematch.
Firmware 1.44 fixed that. Do you have a fw 2.0? Do you have a link for it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back