1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jaykay1967, Jan 25, 2019.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. jaykay1967
    Was tipped off about a new DAP that looks interesting. I have taken a punt and ordered on recommendation.

http://www.dethonray.com/

• Made with the precision machined aviation aluminum-alloy which can enhance shields and eliminate interferences from external signals.
    • The custom-built battery sets can avoid the boost circuit noises and improve the efficiency of electricity supply, ensuring the a detail and transparency beyond “CD-like” audio quality.
    • ‘Real Live Sound’ DAC AK4490EQ, dual OPA1611 low pass filter, AD8397 circuit design making great performance for both earphone(16Ω) and headphone(300Ω).
    • The customized Linux OS, optimized decode engine and independently developed super-light GUI system provides excellent user experience and is able to handle 100,000 songs in 6 minutes which stored in the Micro SD card.
    • The high quality of the power supply and well-designed OCL single end audio circuit make no equal in sound quality.

Cost circa $600.

1.jpg 2.png 3.png 4.png
    Can any of the aficionados comment based on the specs.

2. musicday
    Price is too high for ancient AK4490EQ, and the rest of specifications don't impress me.

pstickne likes this.
  3. taffy2207
    I'd like it more if it was called Death Ray :nerd:

4. jaykay1967
    Thanks musicday. For $600, where would your money go?

5. taffy2207
    Full Specs :-

HIGH FIDELITY AUDIO PLAYER Prelude DTR1
    MICRO CARD SUPPORTED 256G
    COLOR Black
    FORMAT SUPPORTED WAV,FLAC,WMA,MP3APE(Normal,High,Fast) AAC,ALAC,AIFF,DFF/DSF,OGG
    SAMPLE RATE SUPPORTED 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
    MICRO CARD SUPPORT 2T(Exfat)
    OUTPUT Line-out & Earphone
    BATTERY ENDURANCE 10 hours
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20Hz ~ 20kHz
    PERFORMANCE 105db SNR 0.008% THD
    MAX. POWER OUTPUT 1.7Vrms+R: 1.7Vrms+L (16Ω)
    DIMENSIONS H100 W56 D16.4 (mm)

6. audionewbi
    I heard about this dap however I wasn't allowed to talk about it until it was sold out. I wanted to buy it, however I've made so many blind purchased last year, with many of which left a bitter taste, I was't ready for another purchase. I welcome competition, and hopefully this DAP opens up a better future for this brand. If their sound is half as good as what they claim, it is a sure winner.

7. maira
    Just SE Output, only 10h Battery Life..?

8. Mimouille
    I would like to introduce a new DAP from a new player in the market Dethonray. The engineer who started this company worked on several DAPs for well-known brands.

He decided to design and build his own player, with a single-minded focus : guess the best sound possible and stick to essential functions.

Learn more here : http://www.dethonray.com/?page_id=8088

The key differentiating factor of the this DAP is the use of a dual high density battery, to separate analog and digital power.

Besides that, it uses a AKM4490EQ DAC chip, and has a proprietary Linux based OS. The max output power of 2 x 1.7vrms is quite impressive, especially given the size and (declared) 10 hour battery life.

First quick impression : it seems very powerful and to have a spacious clean sound. Will obviously update when I have spend more then 10 seconds with it.

UI is simple and functional, scans a 64gb card in seconds.

I am not affiliated to this brand and bought this DAP.

Antixcipated price in China : 3 399 RMB (500USD)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  9. Mimouille
    I just received it so here are a couple more pics

IMG_20190318_204326.jpg IMG_20190318_204332.jpg

10. musicday
    Not as impressive as QLS QA 361, by the looks of it.

11. Mimouille
    Would you care to elaborate?

ehjie likes this.
  12. EagleWings
    I actually prefer simple UIs like the one on LPG. Is it fast and bug-free?

hqssui likes this.
  13. Mimouille
    So far super fast and no specific issue detected yet. Haven't even updated to the latest FW. If there is one.

EagleWings likes this.
  14. bahamot
    What's the price?

15. Mimouille
    I updated in the main post.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last